Mosti Mondiale Masters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I have no luck using the search feature!!

Can someone tell me how they got their Masters juice out of the box/bag and into the primary?

I haven't made a Master's yet, but can you use a racking cane or auto-siphon to get the juice level down to a manageable weight? That's how it can be done with the heavier kits.

Yes, I can.

The directions say there is a cap with the lot number on it and to record that number but I don't see any cap! Wait! Could the bag of juice be upside down in the box?

Or the wise guy at Mosti!
smiley36.gif

I just pull the bag out of the box, remove the cap and pour it into the primary but it can be difficult due to the weight of the juice.

I just started one a couple of weeks ago. I pulled it out of the bag and sqeezed the area around the cap tightly. Then my wife removed the cap and we poured it slowly into a 12 gallon fermenter (which,IMHO, made it even easier than pouring into the smaller fermenter).

It definitely helps to have someone help you.

LOLOL I just got the bag out of the box and turned it around and got it back in the box with the cap on top! There's nothing like trying to "rassle" a 6 gallon bag of oozing liquid! I'm strong but I don't have enough hands to control that much jello! I'm going to siphon!
smiley4.gif

ROFLMAO..... What a sight to see!!!

Why didn't you tape the box up, flip it over and open the bottom up to check for the cap? Go ahead and smack me beside the head!
smiley35.gif

Hope it's all under control now!

I wanted to keep the box in one piece since I need the support when I siphon it! I don't have good packing tape. I didn't think regular Scotch tape would do the trick!
smiley17.gif

wade said:
Would have been pretty funny if they didn't put a cap on it!
332p.gif

The bag was all the way out of the the box before the cap appeared! I was beginning to wonder if they forgot to put a cap on it!

So did the siphoning go okay?I have to siphon even the 15L kits because I am not strong and it's just me doing it so I hope one person can do these. I use my autosiphon and have no trouble with the WE kits but haven't tried any MM yet. I'll be starting with the Meglioli--would sure hate to spill any of that.

It worked perfectly, Jackie! It's easy! Keep the bag of juice in the box. Remove the cap and hold on to it. Before you insert your auto siphon, have the inside part of it pulled out about 1/2 way and put the other end into the primary. That way it's easier to hold on to.

Good luck.. let me know how it goes!

Edited by: Joan

Actually Joan, I don't use the cap. I take the box apart, move the must
around a bit to make sure all the solids are back in suspension,
sanitize one corner of the bag and the hand grasping it, cut a corner
off the bag with a sanitized scissor, and pour into the primary. About
halfway down, I squeeze off the flow and check to see all the solids
are still in suspension , and continue. Of course I do do lift the bag
and initially had Mary help me with that but I've got it down now. You
have to trust the bag to support the must. A few drops have escaped-
the number directly proportional to the number of glasses tasted prior
to the process