Marquette starting veraison......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my 11 year old Marquettes have turned red. I’m going to have to get serious here and start with brix testing and try the new hand held pH meter this weekend. My 4 year old Marquettes are just starting to turn and are fairly on schedule even though these took a frost beating this spring.

My marquettes are at 18 brix already. How high can the marquette grape go? Also, since I am in Minnesota, it seems VERY early to be that high. Is there any reason to worry?
I think we are just going to have to accept they will be early this year. I though disease would set in but they’re holding. I’m in west central Wisconsin.

All of my cultivars are early this year. Wonder why! Frontenac is not much earlier than usual, but the verona and concord is gonna be right behind it....within a few days. Even the norton has some pink clusters, and is still a long way off, but I usually pick it the end of September.

Latest posts

Back