Marchisio 150 Liter Variable Tank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForzaItalia

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I am interested in purchasing a used Marchisio variable volume 150 liter stainless steel tank. The guy wants 225$ and it comes with a new bladder. Pictures below. I have always used glass carboys in the past, what are your thoughts on upgrading to this? Is the price right?

Thanks!
Ilario

00E0E_7hEZR5WFXCT_600x450.jpg

00S0S_6KBhsSKKY7m_600x450.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Tough call, the price seems reasonable, but I do not know how to judge the condition of one of these tanks. Also, you might need to get creative if you want to operate some real form of temperature control.

At that price I would grab it if you want it. Have you considered everything that goes along with owning a tank like that. Do you have a floor drain for cleaning it? How are you going to rack and what are you going to rack into? I don't see temperature being a huge issue, I think that is over rated if you're above 65°. I few brew belts would work on that if you were doing an mlf.

Myself, I don't like small ss tanks and I don't like the valve on it.

One thing I notice with it is it was dropped on the top edge and is out of round between 7 and 9:00 on the picture. It might not allow the floating lid come up to the top all the way. The price isn't bad, but you will be making fairly large batches and then there is the handling issues Runningwolf mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think this may be a little out of my league as a beginner wine maker. I will stick with my glass carboys and demijohns for now. Thanks again.. I love how I can count on this forum for great advice!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Wine Making mobile app

Last edited:
Back