Quantcast

making wine with orange juice

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Kivanc

Reaction score
I have a recipe. It does not mention fermentation steps at all. Just says: "Put the juice in a jar with 2 pounds of sugar, the yeast nutrient, and 4 pints of boiled water. If you want sweeter one, add a further 1 pound of sugar when the fermentation has settled down." I can't figure out if there is any fermentation steps in this recipe. I need some explanation about making wine with pressed orange juice.

Thanks...

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Huh, be interested to see what some of the others have to say.

Luc

Dutch Winemaker
Reaction score
I would also add some yeast.
That might help.

Luc

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I would do the same with this as any other wine making recipe. And yes, the yeast will surely help! :)

peagen

Reaction score
I made some wine with orange juice a couple years ago. I used red star Premier Cuvee yeast. Here is the receipe:

Juice of 18 oranges
1 1/2 gallons of water
5 lbs sugar
1/4 cup of raisins
2 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 pkg premier cuvee yeast

Before I bottled it I had to add about a cup of sugar and a cup of orange juice. It was pretty powerful stuff. 19% alcohol if I remember right:eek:. When it started the S.G was 1.130. I have one bottle left that I am going to save for a few years and see how it is after aging.

Pam

Reaction score
Taste

Can you compare the taste of orange juice wine to any other wine? I just cant imagine what it might taste like. Can it be a substitute for orange juice for breakfast? Just joking.
Thanks Pam

Latest posts