making wine after several years

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiltertoo

Reaction score
I made wine for several years but I never felt that my wine was as good as what I could buy. Gave it up for some time. Now I have a renewed interest in wine making. I have tossed all the old supplies and ordered fresh ones. I have been watching You Tube and reading a lot of threads here. There is a lot I never new before. I learned to make wine from a book titled "The Art of Making Wine" by Stanley F. Anderson and Raymond Hall. I am going to have a lot of questions as I begin again. I love fruit wines and that is what I have made in the past. I am hoping for a lot of help and support as I try again.

Welcome to WMT, quilteroo. As Dr. Alarms points out, this is a great resource. (BTW, be a bit skeptical about the YouTube instructions -- check here first!)

Welcome !!

I also make alot of fruit wines myself -
This is a great place for a wealth of knowledge about winemaking !

Welcome to WMT

I'm sure you'll find more help here than you're ready for; don't let the learning curve overwhelm you lol.

Welcome to WMT, quilteroo. As Dr. Alarms points out, this is a great resource. (BTW, be a bit skeptical about the YouTube instructions -- check here first!)

I realize that there is a lot of misinformation on you tube. Two things I didn't know about when I made wine before are degassing and f packs. I think both of those probably would have made my wines better. Does all wine need to be degassed and when do you do it?

Welcome to the forum! What are you wanting to make?

I have elderberries, blackberries and blueberries in my freezer right now. I could use them individually or in a mix. I just discovered my hydrometer has a crack in it so now I have to wait for a new one.

I realize that there is a lot of misinformation on you tube. Two things I didn't know about when I made wine before are degassing and f packs. I think both of those probably would have made my wines better. Does all wine need to be degassed and when do you do it?

Wine does not have to be degassed. I do not degass mine, but instead let them age long enough where dissolved CO2 is not an issue.

Latest posts

Back