lookin for the ultimate brew

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinegarwinenoob

is that vinegar or wine
Reaction score
hey ther been on her for a while not put in much just been explorin myself as i go lookin at the posts that you guys do.

what i want from this is is to get your ultimate brew if it does not exist then lets find it.

please take it easy with me coz im a simple scots boy :sm

plz get back im only in knowledge of simple recipes i realy want ones that will blow away my mind,

flauvours that only the true establishment will ever know

hey ther been on her for a while not put in much just been explorin myself as i go lookin at the posts that you guys do.

what i want from this is is to get your ultimate brew if it does not exist then lets find it.

please take it easy with me coz im a simple scots boy :sm

plz get back im only in knowledge of simple recipes i realy want ones that will blow away my mind,

flauvours that only the true establishment will ever know

Well I dont know about ultimate brew but I made a buckwheat porter beer 2 years ago for the samule adams brew comp. It was differant.:ib

In my opinion it would either be Elderberry or Black Currant. My Black Currant recipe is in our recipe section and the Elderberry was someone elses recipe that is also very simple. Are either of these fruits available where you are?

To date, the only wine that I have finished (the rest are aging) is a strawberry a few months back. It was my first and drank way too early in my opinion (only 3 weeks aged) but it had a strawberry jam flavor... not a stout alc. flavor like you would expect. It was good, but strawberry isn't for everyone. Now I have a pinapple (very young, still aging) that tastes like candied pineapple. It is delicious too, but once again... not everyone's taste. Everything else I've got goin doesn't smell "done" so I'm waiting to taste. And I know it's on a diff thread but, Lemon is a fruit and Skeeter Pee is supposed to be excellent (my first batch is in primary).
You have to find a fruit you love, and then ferment it! When in doubt, ferment it anyways!!! You never know what you'll get.

elder

hey wade got some elderberry in my freezer

gonna give it a go soon but im just getting ready to do a green tea wine,

was gonna do a jack keller but thought i would add come up with a unique one has any of you done a green tea ?:sh

I guess one of my best so far is a Petit Verdot where I went thru vineyard and only picked sticky ripe grapes a real pain to do but the wine has turned out awesome to me. It fermented dry then I added sugar and it fermented most of it and died leaving a little sweet but heavy in alcohol but so much flavor. I even fortified 2 gallon of it up to 40% and it still has tons of flavor.

Edited: Sorry you meant fruit wine guess that would be my wild plum

Last edited:
hey wade got some elderberry in my freezer

gonna give it a go soon but im just getting ready to do a green tea wine,

was gonna do a jack keller but thought i would add come up with a unique one has any of you done a green tea ?:sh

I've got a black te a going but it WILL NOT degas, I've tried everything! I don't know if you will have that problem w/ green tea or not. Also be aware that the tea taste is way different from regular tea, so if you haven't tried tea type wine before... It's different for sure!

hhhmmm

different in what way ? tangy heavy or bitter ?

i read some ware if its a bit cold its harder to de-gas so maybe warm it up a bit,
if thats the case i will have problems im in scotland and we get som brutal winters here :rn

Mine is black tea, bit it made it kinda tart I guess would be the best description. And degassing in colder temps is a pain. Trust me we get some wild weather here. (30 degree mornings, 80 degree afternoons)

thats some extreme temp you got there

thing is here you know what your gonna get with the weather.

been thinking going to start the green tea wine with ginger and im lookin for something else to go with it any suggestions

You need something to give it a little body. Do you have a recipe you're considering? that would help.

hhmmm

im inclined to use raisins as they are cheap.

i have used bannanas before that turned out ok, can you tell me any others that would add body ?

I usually use raisins, or a grape concentrate, the one I have now I'm going to f-pack with a peach or white grape... haven't decided. Also you'll prob. need yeast nutrients because there aren't any in tea... Depends on the recipe. Jack Keller hasone for tea and maybe green tea too. Might want to check it out.

I guess one of my best so far is a Petit Verdot where I went thru vineyard and only picked sticky ripe grapes a real pain to do but the wine has turned out awesome to me. It fermented dry then I added sugar and it fermented most of it and died leaving a little sweet but heavy in alcohol but so much flavor. I even fortified 2 gallon of it up to 40% and it still has tons of flavor.

Edited: Sorry you meant fruit wine guess that would be my wild plum

wild plum

sounds good have you got a recipe ?

green tea

hi i used mixed i used a jack keller green tea and ginger recipe :(

realy wanted to do my own thing but could not be bothered

just racked my raisin and rice wine, this stuff is awsome i started it about three weeks ago and its finnished ferminting already.

it takes ages for stuff to ferment for me as its a bit cold in my house

next wine

im thinkin of using this recipe i found on a site

TRADITIONAL RECIPE FOR HEATHER WINE.
1 ½Ibs. Heather Tips (in full bloom)
1 Gallon water
3-4 lbs. Sugar (according to sweetness desired)
2 Lemons
2 Oranges
1 teasp. dried yeast
1 teasp. yeast nutrient.

Cover heather with the water and boil for one hour. Strain off liquid and measure. Restore to one gallon, and add sugar. Stir until completely dissolved. When the temperature drops to 70F, add yeast and nutrient. Leave for 14 days. Then strain into fermentation jar, and when fermentation ceases, strain and bottle. Keep for at least six months!

i reel want a unique wine so i will tinker about with it

any suggestions ?

Latest posts

Back