WineXpert Limited Edition Petit Verdot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard others on another forum rave about it. Mine is about 13 months old now, but I haven't tried it in about 2 or 3 months. It was "meh" then. By "meh" I don't mean bad, I just mean young, I guess. Just seemed like it needed another year, that's all.

oh what I'd give to have enough petit verdot grapes to make about 20 gallons of petit verdot wine it is an awesome wine I was able to make 7 gallon last year lost 5 to a broken carboy but had 2 gallon put back for fortifying.......awesome wine is all I can say

I have made it twice. First batch was pitched April of 2010 and bottled June of 2010. Served for a party in February of 2011. Followed the instructions except added two American Oak spirals for 30 days. It was absolutely delicious and sadly only a few bottles left (big party). At bottling I tasted it and knew we would love it and tracked down a second kit. Pitched the second kit in September of 2010 and bottled in February of 2011. Followed instructions plus added one pound of red flame raisins in primary and 2 American Oak for a month during aging. It will be served at a party this December. The second batch I believe is just as good as the first. BTW, the first kit earned a bronze metal (and a free WE kit) in the recent Winmaker Magazine amateur competition.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but who gave you the free kit for winning a bronze? WE or Wine Maker Magazine? Is it standard to get a free kit for winning medals. Sorry, I've never entered a competition and have no idea how this works.

Usually the LHBS that you sent the wine in from (on your behalf) will do it as a thank you for entering and winning. There is a competition for which LHBS has the most "winning wines" entered from a store.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but who gave you the free kit for winning a bronze? WE or Wine Maker Magazine? Is it standard to get a free kit for winning medals. Sorry, I've never entered a competition and have no idea how this works.

The free kit came from WineExpert, for winning using one of their kits. I was shocked when I got a letter from WE. That was the first time I entered. The category was sponsored by The Beverage People, not even WE. I can't imagine that WE gives a free kit to every WE winner. Maybe I was a mistake and should keep my mouth shut? :a1

Usually the LHBS that you sent the wine in from (on your behalf) will do it as a thank you for entering and winning. There is a competition for which LHBS has the most "winning wines" entered from a store.

Nope, the letter was from WE and said I could redeem anywhere. I will check tonight and see if my entry form even said where I bought the kit.

Back