Life is a Beach!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that is the place and we made it today! It was beautiful and worth the trip. It was 3.3 miles off road and some of it was pretty ragged so glad we had an SUV.

We had much better weather than those pics as well. I will try and dump them to my laptop and upload some tonight.
smiley1.gif

Here is a few snaps of the local "tins" we be seeing in the water mon!
smiley2.gif

Tiger Ray

20101112_091941_IMG_1576.jpg

Tiger Fish

20101112_091954_IMG_1580.jpg

Stingray

20101112_092011_IMG_1581.jpg

We had a visit last evening from a 6 foot Nurse Shark (pic from the internet below) but it was too dark to get a good pic. He made a few passes and then headed on back out of the marina!

20101112_092324_Nurse_Shark_2.jpg

Mike, the pics are awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

BOB

Thanx Mike
looking forward to talking with you when you return.
I'm sure that you helped their economy while you were there.

Maybe we all should have an 'annual' go-to place and meet there!!!

rick

Last day........
smiley19.gif

Finally got a pic of one of the nurse sharks yesterday in the marina. Not as big as that one we saw a few nights ago but still pretty darn cool!

Interesting breakfast of refrigerator surprise this morning. Any "tin" leftover was game to go into the eggs mon!

We fly back to Ft. Lauderdale this afternoon and then home early tomorrow AM and back to reality.....
smiley19.gif

20101113_090537_IMG_1614.jpg

20101113_090549_IMG_1615.jpg

20101113_090604_DSC00779.jpg

abput five yrs ago while snorkelling in st thomas , i was scanning the ocean floor...saw something big, but in my scanning movement i looked away, as i did the shadow registered as being too big for comfort so i looked back...below me at about ten feet down was an 8-10 ft shark...being no expert i surfaced and warned the people around me who all proceeded to swim *fast*...did some research that night...nurse shark...they usually feed at night and in groups...this one was by himself..never the less...a bit of a shocker

you have had a nice trip Mike...yet i noticed that you were not in one of the pictures..how do i know these pictures are not just post card? :) huh????

Hmmmmm..........

I learned my lesson.No more pics of people for you guys!

Too bad, as I have some rather nice ones of that "dude" in a string bikini.
smiley4.gif

Nice pics, looks like you've got some nice label material.

On a side note on my oldest son's check out dive he saw several nurse sharks and cudas and almost got shot by an idiot with a spear gun. He says the idiot frightened him more then the sea creatures.

Check out the HD Video Trailer!
smiley4.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaY2n1ddE2k&hd=1"]LOST in the Bahamas![/ame]

and and and now we have a movie star in our midst!!!!

yeah Mike and all

great trailer when is the full version going to be available?

Just bought a news comfort keyboard and usb mousefrom microsoft and it still spells words wrong. hummmmmmmmm!!!

At the risk of being too picky, the characters in this fine film are referred to as "young couples". I saw one young couple and Mike and his wife (we presume
smiley2.gif
). Where's the other young couple??

Here is another version with a little more action and LOST mystery!
smiley2.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABBhHzs9IiI&hd=1"]LOST in the Bahamas Trailer 2[/ame]

Latest posts

Back