When it rains.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It always seems that everything happens at once.

This weekend was no exception. We had my brother's 50th surprise birthday party, an 80th birthday party for my brother's MIL, a first communion for my cousin's daughter, and it was Mother's day.

On Thursday, I made a pickup at the airport. The damn plane was due to arrive at 8:25pm (very late for an old fart like me) and was delayed twice, once to 10:30, and then to 1:06am (yes, 1:06 AM!). The problem is that the airport was about 1 hour away so there was no going home to wait. This was a fun night!

I took Friday off of work and ran a few errands and tend the garden. Once done, it was time for my Brother's party.

My brother and I were always pretty close. I always gladly had him tagging along whenever I would go somewhere with my HS buddies. As a result, my friends ended up being his friends too. Most came to his party. It was great! just like old times.

The next morning, I found out that meeting with my old HS gang, plus an open bar, is never a good combination! Shaking off the cobwebs, I met back up with my pals for a steak lunch (see my post in "what's for dinner". I then headed up to my older brother's house for his MIL's 80th. While there, I realized there was no way I was going to get to the First Communion party, so I simply texted my greetings.

Got home, collapsed, woke up, got groceries, and cooked dinner for Mom on Sunday (see "mothers day" thread")

I then got home, did laundry, cooked dinner, did dishes, then sip my way through a bottle of nice red before bed.

Throughout the whole weekend, I kept telling myself that I can relax next weekend...

... Then I realized that next weekend is Chilean crush ....

Back