Liebframilch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursejohn

Reaction score
I hope that I'm posting this question in the right place. I am going to order a Liebframilch kit, and was wanting some feedback from someone who may have already make this kit before. I can't decide between the RJS Grand Cru kit or the MM Vinefera Noble kit. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, John.

I did two of these kits but they were both Wine Experts. I will be interested in knowing which you pick out and how it comes out as I would like to do a bigger kit.

My Vinefera kit is too young to give you tasting notes yet, sorry.

I made the Liebframilch VN kit about a year ago.....I would call it a light fruity wine....makes a nice sipping wine.....only about 10 bottles left....everyone se ems to like it....

PS...IMO you cann't go wrong with an VN kit, I haven't found one I didn't like....they will all make a very nice wine for the price...

I am very anxious to prepare a wine but, somewhere it is a bit difficult for me and I am reading different ebooks on wine making and I am looking forward to come up with different tastes.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

I've had the RJS grand cru, and it's very nice too. Either kit should make a very nice wine.

Dean said:
I've had the RJS grand cru, and it's very nice too. Either kit should make a very nice wine.

Hey thanks Dean I will definitely try RJS grand cru else, get the kit. I am little confuse with appropriate temperature which is require for a wine.

Thanks
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">

Thanks for thereplies. I think I am going to try the VN kit. I'll try to come back later and let everyone know how this comes out, John.

Kartik, appropriate temperatures during fermentation are 70F to 80F ambient temperature and you want to keep those as constant as possible. That means no turning down the heat at night, etc. I ferment all my stuff in a fermentation room that does not have temperature swings.

Following fermentation of a kit, you need to raise the temperature of the liquid (take a good reading and not ambient temp) to at least 75F but 78F is better to degass to release all the extra CO2 created during fermentation. After that, you'll add your clarification packets and then a nice temperature of 65 or less is desired. If you cannot get temps that low and stable, any area of the house where temperatures will remain stable and free of swings. Wine held at 70F throughout the years, yes years!, will fair much better than wine held at 56F for a week, then 65F for a week, then 75F for a week, then back to 65, then to 80, etc. My wine suffers temperature swings of 58 to 62F at a maximum.

However, I take things to extremes and typically age my wines much longer than the average home wine maker too.

Latest posts

Back