Lets see your pets!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our outside protecter Coco
20110321_084840_Pups_005_Small.jpg

Here are our two new additions, adopted from Humane Society last Thursday. Greyhound/Irish Wolfhound mix. Some SOB dumped a litter out on the Hwy and they were split up between two counties. These girls they think are around 2 years oldwere the last two so couldn't split them up. Gracie and Nellie have a new home.
20110321_084534_Pups_004_Small.jpg

That is very good of you, Scott. Gracie and Nellie look very healthy and contented. We got Gina out of a bad situation when she was 2 and she has been the best pet that could ever be. They seem to sense that they have been "rescued."

My cats:

Snowball (my white russian mix) otherwise known as THE Czarina or devil-spawn (or a lot of other names I can't print here) depending on her mood:
snP3190011Small.jpg

And last years rescues:
Mama (or Mama-san considering the little ones were names after characters in a Japanese anime).
msP3190012Small.jpg

Orihime
orP3160001Small.jpg

Rukia (guarding the clean laundry...)
ruP3190013Small.jpg

The mommy cat that had the kittens went out yesterday afternoon and never came back leaving us with those 4 - 2 1/2 week old kittens and they dont want to eat from the special bottle I ran out and grabbed at the last minute last night before the pet stores closed! Will most likely have to call a Pete affiliated rescue to come get them. Something must have happened to the Mommy cat as we let here out and she usually runs back in less then an hour!
smiley19.gif

If it is like a typical non-spayed mother cat, she spent the night out looking for a good time to plan her next litter............. She may be back shortly. Keep your fingers crossed that she will come back to the little ones.

She came back limping this afternoon. My wife soon after saw a neighbor a few houses down shooting a BB gun at another cat that roams around here. I just had a good talk with that guy and he wont be doing that anymore, I dont think he is going to be stepping outside anymore for awhile either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley18.gif
A few of my neighbors backed me up on this as they have cats also and we told him if he presses charges then we all will be also!!! I dont deal with stuff like this lightly!!! Ive hated this guy for many years now as all day long during the summer he runs noisy machines and I mean from 6:30 in the morning till about 8:30 at night so sitting on my deck to enjoy the afternoon is impossible. I am not exaggerating, all weekend long all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley7.gif
smiley35.gif

Wade,

Glad to hear she came back and I hope the injury is not serious.

Keep and eye on the guy that is abusing cats. Time and time again it has been shown that the type of person who abuses animals eventually takes a gun and starts using it on people. It is all part of a pattern. Watch him.

Wade you are my kind of friend. Be nice until the other way becomes absolutely necessary.
Im as far from an animal lover as one can be but cruelty is un acceptable for any reason.
smiley32.gif

He wasnt bleeding but its possible he might have a shiner. I dont lose my cool ever but between what he did and the attitude he gave me and getting in my face when confronted it just happened. Everyone there told him to just stay down which Im glad went that way or we probably would have ended up in jail or the hospital.

Hmm seem to remember someone having a shiner a while back and blaming it on a piece of wood
smiley18.gif
. Rough out there in CT!!

If someone is abusing animals they need their @ss handed to them. IMHO

Thanks for sticking up for the little critters
smiley32.gif

Thanks. I could have posted a picture of how he spends most of his day -- but since the only times he moves is to change his position as he sleeps -- there would be no "blur!"
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back