lent begins wednesday!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnt,

I came by while you were out and replaced all your wine with Welches.

That really hit my family hard...

images

Even my little niece took it hard..

Congrats DrAlarms! you just made a little girl cry.... :(

Last edited:
Not being religious, I have been happily drinking throughout the lenten period. But Easter is always great for a big family blowout .... on the table this Sunday we will have probably have some meat pies (probably beef, red wine, fennel, green olive), some squid & snapper on the BBQ, Pogaca (sweet Croatian Easter bread), a bunch of salads -and plenty of wine, of course!
We will definitely be hooking into some of the father-in-law's finest homemade Grenache, and I've got my eye on a few other bottles from the cellar... a Barossa Shiraz, Coonawarra Cab Sauv, and a Clare Valley Riesling or Gewurztraminer ... mmm

YOU'RE KILLING ME REDRUM.!!!!!

Meat pies are not something we see too often here in the States, but I understand that they are really popular down under.

Would you care to share any of your recipes? I think that I would like to give them a try.

I too gave up drinking. I did shamefully fall off the wagon a time or two, but for the most part stayed true to the cause. Easter is approaching and my thoughts are that since I cheated I need to abstain Easter day as well.

Giving up drinking wasn't that bad (easy to say since I cheated). My kids gave up candy and gripe EVERY day.

No worries, Krypto. I scheduled a mulligan in advance. Unfortunately, it was the first weekend. :slp

I haven't posted what my Lenten Sacrifice is this year but I will do so Saturday morning (end of Lent). So far I have been true to my fast and until now have kept it to myself.

One tradition I have is that each year I watch 'The Ten Commandments". It is being aired again this year on Saturday (8pm on ABC). This movie marks my official end of lent.

I will sit and sip.

"So it will be written, so shall it be done".

Still haven't decided what, if anything, I'll open on Saturday night. It'd better come quickly though. Wifey says I've been even crabbier than normal these last few days. :)

Latest posts

Back