lent begins wednesday!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John. I haven't tried that before - I assume you are referring to the Cabernet? I also have a 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape in the wine fridge that is looking for an occasion. And there may be 1 bottle of The Prisoner from 2009 left in there too.

Seriously I can't wait till Easter. ImageUploadedByWine Making1397863008.232030.jpg I am even waiting till Sunday even though we are having Easter dinner Saturday because Roy leaves Sunday. Of course we get two Easters because my Son in law comes home Tuesday from Afghanistan so we will have another one next Sunday. .

Guys . . . Lent is over Ahallelujah. Drink up. I'll post a picture of my fast Sunday.

My lent ends today!!!!!!!!!!

I have a bottle of 2008 Chateau Montelena Cab Sav that is just waiting to be opened.

Let me take a moment to say how proud I am of all my fellow "wagoneers". I give up wine every year for many reasons. First, I do this as an homage to God, but the main reason is that I want to be sure that I am the master of my domain.

When I was 19, I came home to find my mother convulsing on the floor. In a panic I called 911 and had her rushed to the hospital. She was hallucinating, squirming, and had to be tied to her bed. Turns out she had the DTs.

I never knew she had a problem. She was really skilled at keeping this secret. Her booze of choice was gin, which was easy to hide.

Since that day, I have always had the concern that this could also happen to me. I know that alcoholism is genetic. So, I have rules that I live by when it comes to alcohol. I very rarely drink during the week on "school nights", I never really touch the hard stuff (keeping to GOOD beer and GOOD wine). I also give it up for lent every year to make absolutely sure I can give it up. When it gets too hard to give it up for lent, then I will know that I have a problem.

Giving it up this year was a snap. I am proud of myself for doing this and am VERY proud of my fellow members for their support (Especially Boatboy).

Everyone - Do me a favor and report in on what that first glass contains!

Congratulations to all who sacrificed through Lent, may your efforts strengthen your spiritual journey. Happy Easter.

Thank you for your story, JohnT. You are proving to yourself and all those in your life that you truly ARE the master of your domain. (at least as 'masterful' as we are allowed to be). You are an inspiration.

Ta Da
I LOVE hamburgers. My favorite being Wataburgers. After 40+ days abstaining, today I fixed burgers for the family Easter dinner. Yum.

Easter Burger.jpg

Philadelphia has cheese steaks, Oaxaca has tacos and Texas has Wataburger. Enough said.

Latest posts

Back