2020 lent

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

it has been a while, so sorry to be away for so long.

Yes, this year is the same as all others in that I give up all alcohol for lent. it is day 22 and it amazes me on how simple and easy it has been.

I never expected retirement to be such a busy time. I would have bet real money that I would be climbing the wall right about now. This simple fact is that is I have never been so busy!

We have not moved down south yet. Maintaining two houses (one in Georgia and one in NJ) is all consuming. On top of home projects, the wife has also had me make several pieces of furniture for her (a coffee table and a tv stand). I have had to also make room for visits with my Mom and brothers. It has gotten to the point where the days have just been screaming by.

That being said, I have this year's bottling season to look forward to. Got about 1,100 or 1,200 liters to go under cork.

In Georgia, I joined the "Purple Foot" club. This is a club of 80+ winemakers ranging from those that make just a couple of kits to those that work at professional wineries. They are planning several winemaking events and great round table discussions for there "active year" (which goes from april through october).

Also, in Georgia, we searched out and met with the local chapter of the Lions Club (we are members back in NJ). I Attended one of there dinner meetings and now intend to start getting involved with them going forward (while also maintaining my Lions club commitments in NJ).

In Short, I am reTIRED!

Still, I have been neglecting you guys. I have shirked my duties with this forum. I would not be surprised that the use of Welch's is now rampant!

Well all I can say is that I will try to be better. Now that we are social-distancing, i have some time for a change, so I should be on more often.

I hope all is well with you guys. I do miss you all!

I’m sure glad to see you are doing well.

I’d say welches has dropped off a bit due to them terminating the concentrate line.

Welcome back @JohnT , you'll be pleased to see that Welch's wine isn't running rampant! Hope you're enjoying the busy-ness of retirement and glad to see you're still crushing grapes. Look forward to hearing about the new group in GA.

Latest posts

Back