Kennell Estates Vineyard & Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember - things can always be fixed and replaced, but not people and family.
Thats a fact!!! I've seen quite a bit of "bad stuff" in my profession and know this to be completely true. With your family and friends safe you can rest assured that things will work out.
Stay safe,keep your chin up and know that you have alot of people thinking about you. Bruce

Thanks for all the support!!!

I know this is a winemaking forum and not a chat room, but if it's ok with everyone I would like to continue to report on this situation. My winemaking has come to a complete halt and probably will for quite some time. Rest assured I'm not going anywhere and will continue to add my two cents worth whenever I can.

My wine has all been moved to my brother-in-laws. 44 cases in all and 25 gallons still in carboys that probably won't get bottled untill this is over. At least I have a pretty good stockpile of wine!!

BOB

Mike, the levy that they are talking about is 3/4 of a mile from my house. I spent the day sitting at a lookout on the bluff in hamburg watching the water fill the farm ground south of my house. The water is now less than a 1/4 mile from the house. My land is some of the highest on the bottom, but it will only be a matter of time before the water takes it..... I got anything of any importance moved out way ahead of time and Barb and I are safe and sound.

BOB

If you want to look at a video with the levee breaking, you can go to Atchison County 911/Emergency Management on facebook. They have the video on their facebook. Here is the link if it works:

[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1580026399513"]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1580026399513[/ame]

Link worked with "cut and paste" Bob
Makes my spoiled fruit so insignificant
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers buddy

Good Luck Bob. I can't even imagine sitting there and watching your property coming closer and closer to disaster. I would be doing the same thing. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Here is a picture my daughter took of our place yesterday</font>

20110614_212515_Our_Location2.jpg

Below is a timeline of how fast the water is raising.</font>

20110614_212601_Timeline.jpg

Sorry you are going through this. I hope it doesn't last as long a predicted.

Nothing like waiting and watching disaster approaching....
smiley19.gif

Heres hoping for the best and knowing your prepared (as best you can be) for the worst......

Hang in there.

Looks like you got the "resizing" problem figured out anyway!
smiley32.gif

Sounds like today is the day to see if the levy will hold.

Levy holding prayers!!

That photo is exactly what we needed. My place is still dry tonight, but flood water is within 4-6 feet of the house and maybe 6 inches elevation in that amount of space. The highest release has not got here yet. It should be here fri or sat.

BOB

Here is to still praying that the vines get a nice soaking and the house stays high and dry.

Did you mess with any sand bags?

Latest posts

Back