Just getting started!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyguy65

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that my wife and I have been talking about giving wine making a try for about a year before we took the plunge.I showed her George's web site and we loved it!We ordered our first kit, a WE Liebfraumilch.Hopefully tomorrow we will stabilize it(if we get a steady reading). Since we started it she makes mepromise to wait until shes home from work before we take readings,transfer to secondary,etc. I think she's more fired up about than Iam!She thinks it is so "cool" that we already ordered our next kit a MM lambrusco.She likes her wine on the sweet side so ill be doing alot more reading before we trying to sweeten things up.

Thanks for the tons of info you guys have already provided to me and my wife. Im sure ill be a daily reader on this forum.

Welcome chevyguy65 and to your wife too...

Glad you are enjoying your wine making experiences and have joined us here....Hope to see more of you and that you share your experiences with us...

Welcome chevy guy65. What do you have in the way of a 65 Chevy? I tend
to like the Impala! That is a nice white wine. I like the German wites
alot but have yet to do one. I think the Gewurtztraminer is going to be
my next kit!

Welcome to winemaking and the Forum. Try the Island Mist kits for a sweeter wine. They get good reviews.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Welcome to both of you! You will find good friends here and they are all willing to help!

Chevy Guy: Hey welcome I just fined my MM Lambrusco kit last night. I think you will enjoy it... jh

Thanks for the greeting! I picked chevyguy65 as my screen name for a while now.I am a Classic Chevy Nut (Many things improve with age!)I love the 67 chevelle and have also owned a 64 chevy2 and a 66 impala. 1965 is my d.o.b.

Welcome chevyguy65 and my favorite muscle car is also the Chevelle SS and someday I will own one.

When I was 16 I did have a 66 but it was hacked and not worth much. When I was even youngera guy in the neighborhood had a sweet 67 Chevelle SS and I can remember my adrenalinpumping and heart racing when he would stop by in front of the house and smok'em up!

masta said:
Welcome chevyguy65 and my favorite muscle car is also the Chevelle SS and someday I will own one.

When I was 16 I did have a 66 but it was hacked and not worth much. When I was even youngera guy in the neighborhood had a sweet 67 Chevelle SS and I can remember my adrenalinpumping and heart racing when he would stop by in front of the house and smok'em up!

One of my greatest blunders of all time was selling the 65Chevelle SS 396I had in high school. There were only 201 of them made and sell for a fortune now. Of course the car I bought when I sold it is worth a fortune now to (Shelby Mustang GT350). The cars I had in the 70's(Chevelle, Mustang (3), Super Bee, and my favorite I ever owned, 63 Impala SS with a 409)are worth so much today. If a guy only knew back then. Wish my 81 Jeep CJ7 would appreciate as much. God I miss the 70's. Best time of my life.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I had a 69 chevelle ss with a 396 and a Doug Nash 5 speed. I ended up
selling it to my neighbor and buying a pick-up truck and putting a 6"
lift and 40" mudders and still got it stuck in the middle of a swamp @
2:00 am with my girlfriend(now wife). We had to walk through the mud up
to our waists and out of the woods and down the street for 3 miles to
my friends house. Amazing she still married me!
smiley3.gif
Buts that all right because I couldnt afford to keep putting tires on the chevelle anyway!
Edited by: wade

I drove a push button 1968 four door Rambler!
smiley9.gif
But, I wish I had it today! We use to take it camping, because the front bucket seats would fold down to a U shaped bar that was placed into a slot in the front of the back seat to help hold the front seats back from hitting the floor. Making the the whole inside of the car into abed!While the others fought to put their tents up, we would have the camp fire grub finished ready to eat.
Them were the good ol' days!

jsmahoney said:
I drove a push button 1968 four door Rambler!
smiley9.gif
But, I wish I had it today! We use to take it camping, because the front bucket seats would fold down to a U shaped bar that was placed into a slot in the front of the back seat to help hold the front seats back from hitting the floor. Making the the whole inside of the car into abed!While the others fought to put their tents up, we would have the camp fire grub finished ready to eat.
Them were the good ol' days!

I remember those well. My Aunt had one just as you described. Must of been the same year model. Was a fun little car to drive and we did the same as you and camped in it on a few road trips.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

My first car was a '66 Impala with a 327. That was in '77. I was 24.

Welcome to the forum and making wine! I too had an old Chevy. In the early 80s I drove a 1962 Chevy Biscayne wagon with a 283 under the hood, a 2-speed automatic transmission, an AM radio that didn't work, brakes that sometimes worked
smiley3.gif
and electric windows! And, after starting the car, you could take the key out of the ignition. It wascalled it the Airport Limo. It was aqua where there was still paint. I did a lot of cruising in that car. And, I too camped in myChevy!
smiley32.gif

Welcome to the forum and a great hobby!!!

My first car was a 1968 Chevy Bel Air with a standard transmission, I remember it jerking a lot when I was first learning to drive, but I was so happy to have my own car I didn't care (I was 15). I didn't camp in the car, but it took me and my tent out camping several times.

My first car was a '66 Chevy stepside pickup my Dad purchased new in '66. He gave it to me on my 16th birthday (12 years later)
smiley36.gif
. He tossed me the keys and said, "If you can get it running, I'll put new tires on it for you!" I drove that ole' truck for 3 more years!

My first car was a 1960 Rambler -- with those reclining seats -- and those were great!
smiley2.gif

But my first NEW car was when I was fresh-minted 2nd looie. For graduation, Ispecially ordered a1969 Mach 1 with a C-6 transmission and a 390 engine -- for some reason I didn't want the "shaker" hood scoop on the 427. I drove it for 4 years and 87K miles and put two sets of tires on it -- the back ones. THEN, I got $850 on a trade-in on a new 1973 Power Wagon and had always thought I'd done well... until later!
smiley18.gif

I relate this because my 15-year old, newly-licensedAble Assistant (who got me startedinwine-making as several of you know) loves to ask me, with the disgust evident in his voice... "Dad...tell me again just WHY you sold the Mustang???"
smiley36.gif

Classic Chevys, fine wine and a beautiful wife---does life get any better than this?!

Latest posts

Back