Just Wanted to Say Hi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been quietly poking around this forum for a little while, and thought it was about time to at least introduce myself and share the kind of funny backstory for why I'm here.

A little over a year ago, some of my coworkers and I started joking that we should all quit our jobs to open a vineyard and winery together. In the spirit of adding some depth to that running joke, I started reading up about winemaking on this forum and around the internet. In the course of that reading, I found myself developing an interest in winemaking beyond the scope of the joke; I love all the interesting experimentation and in-depth discussion here. Since then, I've been browsing these forums off and on in my free time.

A few days ago, I finally decided to move beyond reading and take action. I now await the arrival of the FedEx man with the equipment that will be used to make my first batch of Skeeter Pee. After that, I plan to try a Dragon Blood and maybe move to some other (non-grape) fruit wines.

Welcome, Brian. I too live in Texas but 20 some years ago I lived in Lodi CA where there are lots of vineyards and wineries. The joke there went like this.
Want to earn a small fortune in the wine industry? Start with a large fortune and buy a winery.

Latest posts

Back