Just Couldn’t Stand It

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Masta.

Yes, I use a log now, I just have them in no particular order, and unfortunately, no one particular place. I like this one because it allows me to take notes as i go along whereas the other one I have doesn't. I now need to get a 3 ring binder to put them all in.

I would also recommend a subscription to WineMaker magazine Jobe. I have received only 2 issues thus far but have been impressed with the content of both and have ordered several back issues and always practice what Confucious say "Short Pencil Much Better Than Long Memory"

Ok Waldo, The muscadine is now at an SG of 1.020..........

Is it time to rack?

I would let her keep going to dry Jobe. Let her get to .998 or lower and then rack it, stabalizeand let it begin clearing. Edited by: Waldo

A good picturee when you rack it would be nice too
smiley32.gif

Hey waldo, I needed to make room in my gallon jugs for the muscadine so I bottled the Spiced Pear I have been trying to doctor for the past few months. What do ya think of my label for it!
smiley8.gif

2005-11-12_190449_Spiced_Wine.jpg

Great Label Jobe. I lile it. Have you done one yet for your Muscadine.

How did the pear turn out?

The pear turned out HORRIBLE!
smiley11.gif

This is the one I can't get past my nose. But I needed the Jug so I figured I was through babying, it's been clear for months, so I just bottled it and will ide them for a couple of years to see what they turn into. Thats why at the bottom of the label if you notice, I didn't even check the SG in it for some time because it was horrible!

I have started a muscadine label. Not totally please with the font. So maybe the board could help! Which font do I use?

2005-11-13_054334_muscadine_WINE_LABEL.jpg

Can't see the label very well buy on the left is what I call my self. Now for those of you who a fluent in French, don't comment on the spelling, call Bill Gates
smiley36.gif

It say's: Al'e Maison Mad Vin.

Which is what I got from "Word" when I did a translate of:

AHa! Home Made Wine

The right side says:

A sweet soutern Muscadine that goes best with a "Rockng Chair"

I think I like the first one thebest Jobe. But it is your wine podner so whichever one you prefer. Both are good labels

Excellent....We definitely need to have a label contest at the reunion in the spring!

Lots of talent here on this forum....Cool!
smiley32.gif

Jobe, I like the last one...the leaves are nice in the second one but the print gets lost in it.

Woooooo Hoooooooo You got it going now Jobe
smiley32.gif

I think this one is definately the winning label podner. Great job
smiley20.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Latest posts

Back