Jalepeno Pepper Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started my first batch of pepper wine but am using my Apple Jack recipe as a base. I'm hoping that Apples, Oranges and Serrano peppers make a decent combo!

Been a while since I updated this. Pepper wine is still sitting. Dropped alot of crystals since I used fresh niagra opposed to Welches white grape. Need to pick up a couple cans of concentrate so I can rack and back sweeten this.

Well this has been sitting since November. It had already been stabilized so I decided to have a sample. Tasted it dry, good flavor, good heat, not overly hot. I back sweetened with 2 cans of Welches' White Grape concentrate. I think it will stay where it is. Not as sweet as previous batches but smooth on initial taste then the heat slowly increases opposed to BAM when it hits the back of your throat as the other batches did. I think this is due to using a blend of peppers opposed to only Jalepeno peppers. This has some real potential.

Maybe I should enter a bottle in the AMS Amateur Competition...LOL, I can only imagine the coments from the judges....

I went crazy on a pantry cleanout and combined fruitcake fruit mix(the multi fruit, some lemon citron and cherries), steeped in water along with lemon drop peppers then added niagara concentrate and sugar to hit target OG. Turned out quite nice. I enjoy it over frozen pineapple chunks. Have also combined it with crushed pineapple and macerated fruit with it(and some sugar) and then topped a block of homemade creme fraiche/cream cheese with it for fabulous dip. Marinating chicken with some for supper today.

Bottled 30-375 ml bottles of the pepper wine. Still have one bottle of the original 3 year old batch and several left from the January 2011 batch left.

It's that time of year again. Took a walk in the strip district today and picked up some Jalepeno and Hot Hungarian peppers. Price was right. There are probably about 40-50 Jalepeno and 18 Hungarian peppers for $2.00 each. Ended up with 2 pretty full shopping bags. Since I'll be heading north again next week I'll see about picking up some exrta juice again. Maybe try some Catawba as the base...Hmmmmmm

I'm thinking I would like to try this with my over-abundance of Habaneros..any suggestion on how many per gallon?

I have started a batch of this. I used 2 gallon apple juice and 1 gallon of water with 4 lb sugar and 30 peppers that I liquefied in a blender. Has anyone even infused it with herbs when bottling. I plan to add some sprigs of Thyme, Rosemary and a leaf of Sweet Basil in some of my bottles at bottling time.

I made 3 gallons last year with 12 jalapeño, 6 banana and 3 Mexican hot chilies. In the secondary I added 1 tbs tannin and one pond of golden raisins, dried it to .098, put in chemicals and back sweetened with simple sugar and fresh mint. Hot as hell but the sugar and mint really add a nice touch - great marinate. I put in 375 bottles.

Latest posts

Back