Inoculated must at 62 deg with RP15

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinoors

Reaction score
I did the whole morewine rehydration process at 104, add 1/2 volume of must to yeast and got temp of yeast started with 18 degreees with an ice bath. Must at 62 starter around 78. Is it ok if my must hangs out around 62 for a little bit? I know the min temp for the yeast I believe is 68.

I did the whole morewine rehydration process at 104, add 1/2 volume of must to yeast and got temp of yeast started with 18 degreees with an ice bath. Must at 62 starter around 78. Is it ok if my must hangs out around 62 for a little bit? I know the min temp for the yeast I believe is 68.

You will probably be fine. Like AJ said, you're better being within 10*F between the must and the starter, just might take a bit longer to get going since your weren't within 10 degreees. I've added yeast from a starter that was way higher in temperature than the must before. Yeast is pretty tough stuff, but you don't want to stray beyond it's "normal" parameters if you don't need to if possible. Just make sure you have another yeast on hand if your batch doesn't start showing signs of fermentation within 5-7 days or so. (I'm thinking EC-1118, a very hardy yeast)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back