• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I'm throwing in the towel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud

Unfunny
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I haven't been around the forum in some time for personal reasons and I've decided to call it quits on some hobbies. I have 3 young kids and no time or space for winemaking so the following is for sale:

1- 6.5 gallon carboy for $37
1- 5 gallon carboy for $28
2- 3 gallon carboys for $25 each
2 unused 7.9 gallon primaries with lids $20 each
3 well used 6 gallon primaries - free with any other purchase

1 almost new barley crusher grain mill with 7 lb hopper - $100

Also have a $25 gift card to Doc's Homebrew in Binghamton, NY. - $20

I'm in northeast PA, about 25 miles north of scranton. Payment via paypal or money order. All items will be available for pickup or shipping.

If shipping: actual charges will apply. Items will ship within 2 days if paid via paypal or within 2 days after money order arrives.

Not sure if it's ok to mention here but I also have a Para-Ordnance Tac-Four handgun for sale. Pre-power extractor model. Comes with 2-13 round magazines and original box, factory shot casing, etc. It's a nice gun and well maintained. $800 plus FFL fees. If the gun ad is inappropriate maybe a mod can delete it.

My camera seems to be missing or else I'd post pics but if anyone interested I'll borrow a camera or look harder.

Last edited:
Its fine here Mud, as long as everything is all done legally! Too late guys, I bought all his honey already and it showed up today, in a primary bucket to boot!!!!! 5 gallons of Golden Rod!!!! I see a Melomel or 2 in my future!!

Mud you are truly going to be missed. We always enjoyed hearing from you. Saved your 500th post for this :(. I hope in your future when things get better you'll be able to find your way back into the hobby.

Family first, take care of those kids and good luck to you.

Sorry to see you go you will be missed by all good luck and come back when you can even if it's just to visit with us

Sorry to see you leaving the hobby. But I understand when there are too many things going on and not enough time...

Good luck - and best wishes!!!

Hopefully you'll be back some day. Think of how many people who've joined the forum mention that they used to make wine a long time ago and are just getting back into it. Take care and pop in to say hello once in a while.

Thanks everyone. I'll miss the hobby and the community here, too.

I can't imagine doing this hobby with 3 small children. Hats off to those who do.

My babies are 26, 25, 24. They grew up too fast for sure. This hobby will be here when you get more free time done the road.

Cheers!

Well I'm not sure that you have to wrap it in completely. After all, it's not such an intense hobby. You can just mix up a batch or two and let them do their thing.....

Hell, that's what I do most of the time and we don't have any kids.......

I'm in northeast PA, about 25 miles north of scranton.

The dangers of skimming combined with my getting used to people who no longer use correct capitalization, grammar, or punctuation led me to think that you were from Northeast, PA (near Erie) until I re-read your statement. :e

Funny that a town in northwest PA should be called northeast. I guess everything is relative. :)

Good luck to you Mud. I assume by your avatar that you are a fisherman, so I hope you are keeping that hobby - best stress reliever I know and great for the kids too. Take care, man.

Yeah, still planning to fish. We have a deep 2.5 acre pond on the property. It holds some pretty big largemouth bass although I still have to learn to catch them. The kids have a ball at it. The 7 yr old does really well but his 5 yr old brother prefers to throw sticks in the water to attract the fish. :)

That's great to have it right on site! We don't have largemouth here - plenty of smallmouth although I'm mostly brook trout - went out yesterday but too windy for the flyrod so had to resort to garden hackle on the spinning gear.
Enjoy it while you can - the kids grow up too damn fast!

You'll be missed! I have 3 little ones to, and a very hectic life. So I took a break for a few months... Just now getting back. But good luck on everything, and do swing by when you get the chance... :(

We will all miss you, Mud.
i hope that winemaking is at the top of the list of "hobbies to return to, when there is time".

Latest posts

Back