How to go from homebrew to nano-brew?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mseldenm13

Junior
Reaction score
My buddy and I have been homebrewing for a while, and have a few recipes that have consistently gotten "man you should sell this stuff!" type feedback. I'd love to find out what it would take to legally produce and sell country wine and cider but frankly have no idea where to start. Any insight on Pennsylvania producing/selling laws, or advice on where to obtain such information, would be greatly appreciated.

www.ttb.gov will give you the info for the fed, Google PA Alcohol Beverage Control board for state requirements. First criteria is zoning, can you have a winery in your local, if not - can you get a special use permit - if not "forget about it". if zoning okay then think space, Need good power source, good water and insulated building. Feds will require a map of proposed winery, also a bunch of personal information to insure your are not a felon same for state. Start with feds then state approval. You will most likely need bond coverage for each, that is to make sure you pay taxes. lot of other criteria, if not a LLC suggest you start as one to protect your own assets. Feds will require verification of financing availability, your own funds or borrowed. Basically you need to start a business plan then go for fed and state approval. do your homework. Good luck

Back