how quik soes peach clear

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm ordering some apple concentrate from homewinery.com
I'd like to order some peach from them as well will peach clear quickly, I've already 6 carboys with reds and whites using pears so not only will they need quite a while to clear and the reds will have to bulk age at least 2 years, so I'm wanting a country white wine that I can start on fairly quick, shoot since I got on this site with you great addicts I can no longer stand the thought of buying store bought wines,, don't get me wrong I'm proud of this site and it's people,
but with all the in's an outs from ICU I didn't get to get these last batches on when I needed for a continuous wine flow, so I'm looking for quick country white wine an no kits, I do plan later on trying a top of the line kit just not yet,,,
hounddawg::

thank you:h

I've made two batches of peach wine and both were a bit of a challenge to clear. Both needed an extra dose of pectic enzyme and one, if I remember correctly, a second dose of SuperKlear. With my second batch though all looked well at bottling I am seeing a bit of something that has settled out and then takes to breaking up and floating around when the bottle is moved.Think I must have rushed the second batch more than the first. Good luck!

Peach is a PITA to clear. If you are looking for a QUICK tasty wine, 10 cans of juice concentrate (Old Orchard Apple Kiwi Strawberry or Berry Blend work well here), 5-7 lbs of frozen mixed berries, and sugar to 1.09 makes a great blush wine that will clear in 6-8 weeks without filtering. I am drinking an apple/pineapple blend right now w about the same ratios that is amazing, and is less than 3 months from pitch to jug.

funny you should say that, I have found blends in country wine are far better then a single fruit and I have been thinking hard on a pineapple/apple blend.
thank you,
hounddawg
richard::

Peach is a PITA to clear. If you are looking for a QUICK tasty wine, 10 cans of juice concentrate (Old Orchard Apple Kiwi Strawberry or Berry Blend work well here), 5-7 lbs of frozen mixed berries, and sugar to 1.09 makes a great blush wine that will clear in 6-8 weeks without filtering. I am drinking an apple/pineapple blend right now w about the same ratios that is amazing, and is less than 3 months from pitch to jug.

I AM A HAYSEED HILLBILLY, so showing my simple what does PITA mean, my guess it means about as hard to clear as pear, but I would like to be enlightened,,::::::::::
richard

I

at the moment I got 2 6 gallon pear apple blends in carboys and after a complete month 1/2 is still solid, pear I fine doing with time only needs a year just to clear completely, and 2, 6 an 1/2 carboys of cherry mead, and my private stock elderberry, I dont care much for finings, but I guess I need to use some now an then to speed up some decent sipping wine, I tend to run my alcohol up to around 18%ABV then back sweeten with pure honey powder, it cuts most of the alcohol taste with a honey overtone which gets much better with age, shoot I had never even met our county judge, he showed up in my driveway telling me how my road needed extra gravel I live a mile down a gravel road, then while looking at the tree tops he said that he heard I made decent, well he said good country wine and still looking up he said both him and his wife loves good home made wine, acting all stupid I went in and took him out a case with 4 bottles each of 1 wine and 2 different types of mead. you should see my gravel road new gravel goes from the highway to the far end of my land, ditches with 90 pound riff rock in the ditches, 20,000 grand would not have gotten my gravel road so nice,,, looks like I need to come up with some more money for carboys, like I've said before in my neck of the woods the last of the old timers that made wine have all passed long ago people here make beer and spirts but I am the only one making wine, I've lived here better then 40 year know but since I started making country wine I have seem to met a bunch of the movers an shakers around here, beings I'm a very private type person it kinda makes me feel funny, but being mortal a little flattery makes my wine disappear . between supplying my neighbors with farm fresh eggs and wine not to mention the big wigs I should of been pitching wine years ago.. all I wanted was to be a good ole fashioned neighbor. one 72 year old neighbor brought me about 60 pounds of pears he picked himself, and another 60 year old neighbor brought me better then 60 pounds of granny smith green apples which when mixed with a equal amount of yellow Delius apples and a few sergeants yellow crab apples make wine that I love as do they I guess, god I need more carboys, I guess I will have to put my 6, 5 gallon plastic carboys I like glass but I gotta do what I must, I've went from a happy hermit to a poplar person because ya'll got me addicted to wine making,,,,
it's all yall's fault. but I have no completes about any of ya'll, as a matter of fact I'm so proud ya'll put up with me an help me freely I am honored by all of you wine nuts and I mean that as a very high complement.. thank you one and all
DAWG
Richard::

Got to agree I find wine making a great pastime as well, I find beer turns before I get to drink it and spirits are far to strong for me to tolerate without looking stupid and behaving in a way that Im embarrassed about the next morning, so, wine it is for me.

The more ive learned about making wine the more I realise there is to learn Ive found and its always good to make your own, in the knowledge that your drinking the only wine of that particular flavour around, because that's another quirk of wine as lots of batches can have their own unique flavour especially if it contains real fruits, which all in all makes for a good hobby/pastime.

Some of your stories there make for good reading too ;-)

I made 10 gal of peach from Dollar Tree Jumex nectar. 2 mo later still clearing. Took 3 doses of enzyme, but its about there. Quite tasty too.

Sorry to be so late on replying on my own replies. I just hit that magical moment in a dad's life when I am potty training one little guy while another one is teething (so i clean up P÷×+ and S%!#& and then spend most of my night awake w an angry baby).

We just hit that time of year when mangoes are dirt cheap. If you like peach wine you will love mango wine. Pulping them is a pain but it is such a soft, supple white wine that is TOTALLY worth the extra up-front time. I use the same ratio of mangos per gallon as peach wine, split the rind, pulp them by hand, and use about 1.75 - 2 lbs per gallon of sugar (I target no more than 10-11% ABV because it never lasts long enough to age). It should clear super fast and give you an amazing dry or sweet white

ok I am going to show my simple mind but where do mango's grow, i'll have a look at the store, don't mangos grow around swamps or sub-tropical like Florida, I know I aint heard of anybody growing them in my neck of the woods. but I aint sure, I've eaten them at my parents house, but I think mom got em at wally world,, (Wal-Mart),
mango wine,, man that sounds good, i'll get some one way or another. looks like I might have a decent crop of muscadine an possum grapes
long as we don't hit a dry spell.:HB:h

Sorry to be so late on replying on my own replies. I just hit that magical moment in a dad's life when I am potty training one little guy while another one is teething (so i clean up P÷×+ and S%!#& and then spend most of my night awake w an angry baby).

We just hit that time of year when mangoes are dirt cheap. If you like peach wine you will love mango wine. Pulping them is a pain but it is such a soft, supple white wine that is TOTALLY worth the extra up-front time. I use the same ratio of mangos per gallon as peach wine, split the rind, pulp them by hand, and use about 1.75 - 2 lbs per gallon of sugar (I target no more than 10-11% ABV because it never lasts long enough to age). It should clear super fast and give you an amazing dry or sweet white

Back