Hi Folks from Ozark Paull

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, these are beautiful!!!. Nothing is better than a handcrafted boat.
Welcome to the Forum!!!
smiley36.gif

Welcome Ozark Paul.

You boats are beautiful !!!! I used to have a canoe and was out in it every chance I got. Do you have other pictures of them? Would like to see more of the detail.

Ramona

Welcome Ozark Paul,

They use similar tubs like that around here to make "refined 199 proof vinegars" that you can't buy on a store shelf also......
smiley36.gif

Always wanted to make a canoe, Strip Canoe or Strip boats, maybe a small 16' strip fishing boat like whats in this link

http://www.compumarine.com/projects/r_keefe3.htm

Your boat looks awesome.

Edited by: jobe05

Wade West System is good but I have a better relations with RAKA.
So ya'll like plywood boats do ya?
heck I came in here for wine recipes.

Ive used that also and the tensile strength of the glue joint wasnt as strong. Try glueing 2 pcs of wood together in a "T" with both glues and give them a few days to cure then put them both in a vise and whack them with a hammer in the same manner and see the difference. I know the West System is more $ but so far I havent found a better glue for this stuff although Resourcinal isnt bad either but a real PITA to work with.

I dont know what weather you have down there but it has far better results in expansion and contraction and we have a lot of that over here with our crazy weather. Dont know if youve ever heard this before but over here in New England the saying is "If you dont like the weather, wait a few minutes"!

Latest posts

Back