Hi everyone from Reston, VA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameinecke

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just found this forum earlier today and it has such a wealth of information and the community is really cool!

I started making kit wines in August 2010, and now I am moving on to my first fruit wines, and have been looking for a little direction.

So far we have bottled:
1. Chianti
2. Merlot
3. Pinot Grigio
4. Sangiovese
5. Riesling

And in the tanks now:
1. Coastal White Rose
2. Argintinian Malbec
3. Homemade, Hand Squeezed Orange

Thanks everyone!

Hi ameinecke,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. By the looks of your list you are doing pretty good.

Welcome to our site and glad to have you aboard. By tanks do you mean carboys or did you alreadsy buy SS tanks?

By all means welcome to WMT, glad you joined. We have a good group here and have a lot of fun, as well as making wines.

Welcome aboard. You found a great forum with great pepole.

Glad to see another member from Virginia. We still have along way to go to catch those folks in PA!

You guys arent far from us, we live in the eastern panhandle WV, if you want to pick some elderberries let me know, we always have extras. Crackedcork

Welcome to the forum. We are not faraway either in the eastern panhandle too. The wine scene in our area is growing every year, but it is alot cooler to make your own.

Dave

Last edited:
Anyone in range of us wants to pick some elderberries is more than welcomed to come over, we could never pick them all.

Also, I am trying to find a home for 2 wire wineracks listed in the for sale section if anyone closeby is interested.

Crackedcork

Anyone in range of us wants to pick some elderberries is more than welcomed to come over, we could never pick them all.

Also, I am trying to find a home for 2 wire wineracks listed in the for sale section if anyone closeby is interested.

Crackedcork

I'd definately be up for an edlerberry picking party.

Crackedcork

Thank you for the invite!! That sounds like it would be a lot of fun! When do you normally pick eldeberries? We are definitely interested!

You are very lucky for that elderberry option. It makes such an awesome wine and when you get them be sure to ask for Julie's Elderberry Blush recipe to make seconds out of the used fruit. It reallly is that good!

Latest posts

Back