help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy

Reaction score
This is my first time making wine. I bought a white wine kit followed the instructions when it stopped bubbling after I think it was about 10 days. I then followed the instructions adding the finings and stabiliser been waiting over a week for it to clear and it hasn't. Is there any thing I can do?

Hi Trutdy,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Give it more time. It can take a few months for it to clear.

Hello, Trudy

Welcome to the forum. How warm is it where you have the wine. It should be in the 70's or so. Also, is it degassed? The co2 will help the small particles stay suspended. Try stirring it for a bit and see if any co2 comes out. Then as Julie says, you need more time. Arne.

I agree with arne, if its a batch over one gallon, and you just racked to secondary, its full of co2...what clearing agent was with the kit....

I opened the bottles air came out. There are no bubbles at all. Should I transfere it into wine bottles or just leave it. The loss I have on them now have no holes in at all is this Ok?

not sure what your saying....you opened bottles and air came out...
so its bottled.
not sure what you are saying really.
what has no holes in it.....the air lock..it has tiny holes in them hard to see, thats to let the co2 out...

Alright, you need to post up what kit you are doing and detailed steps with hydrometer readings. You comments are a little confusing.

Get it back in the bottle with the airlock. Let it get rid of all the gas, either manually or with time. After that it should start clearing and when clear, you can stabalize if you are going to sweeten it, then sweeten then bottle. If you put it in bottles and it is still full of gas, you are asking for a mess. When the cork or bung blows and it probably will, it will most likely take some wine with it. Then it is cleanup time. Been there, good luck with it, and like Julie says, the more information you give us the more likely it is that we can help you correctly. Arne.

She didn't mention degassing in her process, so I'll assume it's full of CO2, and that's why it hasn't cleared.

Degas, degas, degas. Or, let it sit and degas on it's own = months.

Latest posts

Back