Hello from Pittsburgh Pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Al

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All:

Been reading for a while & finally post my first question for help on making a Spiced Apple wine.
In the past few years have only made from kits, currently have a couple from scratch all about 3 mos in the carboys: Fresh Apple juice from a local farm, 5 gal Limited edition Synergy II (Won for best wine in contest) a 3 gal Raspberry from concentrate & a double batch of the Chocolate-Raspberry port kit. Going to experiment with more assorted wines from scratch in smaller batches. Came across a gold mine of FREE 1 gal glass jugs on Craigs List. They had several pallets of them. FREE is always good..... Hopefully the wines not made from kits will be just as good as they are!

Al

Lucky indeed and welcome to the forum. I love to make 1 gallon test batches!
VC

Welcome!
smiley32.gif

Al, welcome aboard it looks like your well on your to the best addiction..wine making! Isn't it great! It seems like you don't know all the rules though. When a newbie come across fantastic deals, they have to spread the wealth with the rest of the members withing a hundred mile radius.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Welcome, glad to have you onboard. Sounds like lot of people on your list will be getting 1 gallon carboys this year
smiley4.gif

If any one is interested in some of those free 1 gal jugs, I found them on Craigs list, Pittsburgh with a search of wine making. Place is located in Beaver Falls Pa about an hour north of Pittsburgh. They still had about a pallet left of boxes with 4 to a box. As I said before they just wanted to get rid of them for free. I only took 4 boxes but that was plenty for me.
Al

Latest posts

Back