Hello from Montreal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan69man

Reaction score
Hi all, been on for about a month but never made an official intro.
New to the winemaker gig. Never even considered making my own wine. It was about two months ago when I was surfing eBay and saw a make your own wine kit and said what the hell lets try this....well after starting that one and buying all kinds of equipment....I've been bit (hard) and now have three kits going and waiting for my eclipse Zinfandel to come I to start my fourth.

After reading many posts, I see there is a lot of knowledge here and look forward to learning everything I need to know to make some kicka$$ wine.

Cheers all!

Welcome to the forum, Dan. Gald to have you aborad. I will be interested in your progress on the Eclipse Zinfandel. That is one of my favorite varieties and I have made it from grapes, juice buckets and kts. That was our primary wine when I was a kid, many years ago.

Thanks Rocky, I'm excited to start it!
I have the eclipse Napa Stag's Leap Merlot in the clearing phase now and after tasting a little from the last racking I decided to order the Zinfandel.

Welcome to the forum danman from someone just south of the border from you a bit. You should have access to the Mosti kits also. They have some very nice ones.

Hi, I'm also new to making vine. Today I started my third kit. I'm making the breezin mist wine, pomegranate wild berry Zinfandel . I have to say my son makes beer and is the one helping me along. Have a question, one of many, what does the Bentonite donfornthe wine?

barbabyras said:
Hi, I'm also new to making vine. Today I started my third kit. I'm making the breezin mist wine, pomegranate wild berry Zinfandel . I have to say my son makes beer and is the one helping me along. Have a question, one of many, what does the Bentonite donfornthe wine?

Nice to meet you barbabyras.

Bentonite helps in the clarification of the wine

Thanks.

My name is Beth from buffalo, New York . I started this wine and hopefully will be able to bottle before Christmas. My first two fruit wines turned out great. Do have a question on degassing. Is it better to use a drill or should I do by hand ?

barbabyras said:
Thanks.

My name is Beth from buffalo, New York . I started this wine and hopefully will be able to bottle before Christmas. My first two fruit wines turned out great. Do have a question on degassing. Is it better to use a drill or should I do by hand ?

Hi Beth, my first batch I degassed by hand (ouch) for the second and third I've used the allinonewinepump if you haven't already you might want to check this out. It will degas your wine while racking
I've read many people use the drill and it would be better than doing it by hand or at least no sore arms ;)

dan69man said:
Hi Beth, my first batch I degassed by hand (ouch) for the second and third I've used the allinonewinepump if you haven't already you might want to check this out. It will degas your wine while racking
I've read many people use the drill and it would be better than doing it by hand or at least no sore arms ;)

I will goggle, never hears of allinewinepump, but sounds like something I should know about. Thanks.

barbabyras said:
I will goggle, never hears of allinewinepump, but sounds like something I should know about. Thanks.

I should have given you the link http://allinonewinepump.com. The owner's name is Steve and he is also on this forum his handle is vaccumpumpman. If you have any questions he is super helpful.

Latest posts

Back