Hello from Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliMac

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now and thought it was time to say hello. We (the wife and I) are new to wine making but have dived right in with a "wine expert" tempranillo kit which is clearing for bottling at the minute, and some smaller amounts of country wines - blackcurrants from the garden and local N.S. grapes bubbling in demi johns as well some parsnip, carrot and a half kit of pinot blanc which we pitched tonight. (The half kit was left over from the parsnip and carrot wine recipes.) Our primary reference so far has been John Wright's "Booze" in the River Cottage series supplemented by online books and now this fantastic forum!
We are looking forward to trying some of our concoctions in a few months!
Cheers,
Ali

Welcome to the forum Ali. I used to live in New Brunswick and visited the Island often as a youngster. Hope to bring my hubby there one day in the near future.

Welcome aboard....you have quite an eclectic mix of wines already started! The toughest aspect of wine making I have found is having patience! Letting those wines sit in car boys or wine bottles until they are ready to drink can be difficult at times!

Welcome! I am from Cape Breton too, moved to Alberta now though, grew up outside of Sydney.

Welcome to wine making talk!

Lurked for a few days before joining... There are probably folks on here that lurked months [maybe even years?] before joining.

Hi and welcome!

I just had a friend buy some land near Lake Ainsle last year!

Welcome!

Welcome, Ali! You've found a treasure trove of vintner information and support here!

I had the pleasure of spending a day in Sydney a few years ago, and after snapping a shot of the famous Fiddle, spent the (rainy) day on a walking tour of the town. So beautiful. I loved the history of the area, and enjoyed visiting St. Patrick's church museum. I look forward to one day returning, with a longer stay to allow further exploration of the island.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back