Hello fellow winemakers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, your bench, is it entirely made up of 2x8's? I need to build a new bench NOW for all of my wine for storage.

No, I actually used 2x6 around the perimeter. It is 8' long and 30" deep. I used 6 treated 4x4's for legs, 2x4's front to back and for the top i used 8' long 2x4's. On the bottom side i ran a 2x4 lengthwise down the middle and then put 2x6's under that from front to back for added support. probably a little overkill, but with the ability to hold 20+ carboys (1000Lbs. + with glass)
i didn't want to chance it collapsing. I'll try to post a pic of the underside.

Kevin

DSC00581.jpg

Welcome Kevin, you and Tom have lots in common meaning about the same amount of full carboys!!!!! Is that a 200 or 300 liter VCT?

Welcome Kevin,
Looks like we are gonna have somebody else I can learn from. Sit back, have a glass or two and laugh or swear at us.lol. Arne.

You're giving me ideas. I too need to hold many carboys, probably at least 20. I am going to assemble it with bolts so I can take it apart into maybe 3 pieces to move if need be. Thanks

Latest posts

Back