WineXpert Has anyone made...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darc

Junior
Reaction score
the Lodi Old Vine Zin? I really want to try it. Is the Mosti better?How about the Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz, has anyone tried that one. I really like the Blackberry cab. I am deciding on my next 2 kits, hehe.

Dark, I have not made this kit "yet", But as we speak Im savoring a bottle that a freind gave me that was made almost 2 years ago. This is thee best red wine I have ever had. This is a must do kit for me. By the way, it's aWE Selection Estate series.

The Wildberry Shiraz is a delightful cooler type wine loaded with fruit flavors. It runs on the sweet side as made to directions , but makes an enjoyable summertime drink. After a year in the bottle(if it lasts that long) it is absolutely great for that type of kit. I still have a few small bottles left and enjoy one every so often.

Thank you. I enjoyed the blackberry cab so well that I wasn't sure what to try next of their kits. I was looking for the ones that are not so sweet if there are any. Have you tried any of their whites?

Darc: If your refering to Mist style kits, I have heard of people playing with the F pack to cut the sweetness while maintaining most of the flavor. They added half of the F pack during fermentation, then the other half after stabilization. You would have to play with the amount of F pack to use up front and how much you'll need to back sweeten based on what you like, but after a couple of kits, you'll know. Also remember, changing anything from the kit instructions, voids any and all warantees, your on your owne.

Darc, the green apple riesling is awesome, teh peach apricot chard, is
also very good. I though that the exotic fruit white zin is too sweet,
the black raspberry merlot is very good.

I am enjoying the Peach apricot chard as I type. In the Mist kits it's my favorite!!

DrtDoctor

I have a WE Lodi Old Vine Zin that was started last October. I tastedsome a couple weeks ago, it is already very good.
DaveEdited by: DaveB50

DArc,

I have the Lodi OV Zin Estate Series in the "polishing" stage now. I
hope it is not too thin. Am thinking of adding additional oak for a few
weeks during bulk aging. It looks good though. Nice and clear.

Anybody have thoughts on the additional oak?

It will definitely stand the oak as it is not thin. American House is a good choice unless you want that smoky taste, then use American Heavy.

Back