WineXpert Happy customer tonight & getting a LE Pacific Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneStarLori

Veteran wino, newbie vintner
Reaction score
I have been eyeing the WE Pacific Quartet LE 2013 kit since they were announced. At the time, I could only justify one kit so I went with a red. I have been regretting not ordering both ever since.
Long story short(er), they are shipping this month and I found some listed online. I tried to order from the less expensive place in S. FL which is also a home brew shop. They were only $10 less and have a rather bad rep but I thought I'd try.
EPIC FAIL! I won't go into detail, but I am not happy and feel that I was not only mislead online, but also over the phone.
After no resolve with the first place, I called the 2nd place this evening. Labelpeelers.com. I felt like my business was important right from the start. He had me at Hello. ;)

I have ordered from Labelpeelers.com before and had no problems but this sealed the deal. I spoke with Matt, the owner and he was so professional and personable. I sure wish I could meet him, i know we would be friends.
He assured me he had over 30 extras in stock and was also able to split a payment into 2 cards. (I had a Visa gift card I wanted to use but it didn't cover the total cost.) I had the confirmation in my mail before I even got off the phone.

With over 35 yrs in retail, I know most people are real quick to pull the trigger when they get service that stinks, but few take the time to say 'Nice job" so I just had to post this.

Nice job Matt @ Labelpeelers.com! You have a happy customer.

It is so nice to have a vendor who really DOES care about customer service. Kudos to Labelpeelers.com! And thanks Lori for sharing the love.

I have the very good fortune of being close enough to labelpeelers that gas is less than shipping on anything. I've dealt with them almost exclusively for beer ingredients for a few years and now the same for winemaking. Their customer service is excellent and for me, the price can't be beat.

I was picking up a kit a couple weeks ago and I think everybody in the building asked me if I was being helped.

Got my kit!

Only 4 days after placing the order I got my kit. Maybe it's because I wanted it so bad, but this box just looks beautiful to me.

Thank you Label Peelers! You are a classy shop.

FDAE732F-C783-4BF4-A3DB-7DDA8454C43C.jpg

Just wanted to add that I am also thrilled with the service I received from Label Peelers. I read about them on WMT, so figured they were reliable. Even without any actual communication my purchase was smooth and easy. All done via email, and received maybe 4 days after I placed the order. I honestly had no idea kits were so heavy (45lbs!!). Only hitch I had was trying to determine which credit cards they accepted as it was not clear on the form. Yes, they do take discover, mastercard visa all three. I used the message to seller section to state which card I was using as not stating which card it was made me nervous. Now to make those kits!!!

Pam in cinti

Lori, what exactly came with this kit aside from the 18L juice bag?
F-pack, oak, what yeast, etc.

Thanks.

Lori, what exactly came with this kit aside from the 18L juice bag?
F-pack, oak, what yeast, etc.

Thanks.

I only peeked in it once and am not home this weekend to look. I don't think there was an fpac and wasn't any oak or grape skins. Just standard chems.

Just got mine. Has an fpak, no oak, standard chems. It's my first kit with icinglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

No oak in this kit. Yes it has an F-Pack. Yeast included is Lalvin V1116 which I will be swapping out for BA11 (love this yeast for white wines). I made an Eclipse Pinot Gris last year that came with V1116 and I just do not like the bouquet or flavor profile that it produced. YMMV.

No oak in this kit. Yes it has an F-Pack. Yeast included is Lalvin V1116 which I will be swapping out for BA11 (love this yeast for white wines). I made an Eclipse Pinot Gris last year that came with V1116 and I just do not like the bouquet or flavor profile that it produced. YMMV.

I haven't been that impressed with KV-1116 myself. Never tried BA-11, but it sounds like it would be a good yeast for whites. Have you ever tried the Vitlievure 58W3 strain?

Have not tried that one but looks like it would be good for Pinot Gris. I have fermented A NZ Sauv Blanc, a Riesling and just now finishing up a Sonoma Chardonnay and I tell you I am loving this yeast (BA11) for white wines. It ferments at cool/cold temps, it does not produce any H2S. The aromatics are just amazing. I have bottled the Sauv Blanc and the Riesling and they are tasting fantastic at only 3 months bulk aging. Going to keep going with it for all the rest of my (3) different LR kits I have in stock for this coming year.

Now you're making me want to rethink the yeast. ;)
I have not tried the BA11 and it looks interesting. I may go with D47 because I think I have that on hand on don't have a LHBS within 125 miles. I have to put my kit on hold for a couple of weeks so I have time to ponder this.

LE Pacific Quartet 2013

I didn't see a thread that was specific to those who were actually making this kit so I thought I would kick one off.

A certain someone who shall remain unnamed, but pleads temporary insanity, acquired two of these kits instead of one.
Unnamed person blames LoneStarLori. :h

Since I've been on this forum, I've been interested in how using different yeasts yields different flavors to the finished wine.
I'm brand new to winemaking, so I haven't really had the chance to experiment with different yeasts, aging, then taste testing, etc.
Since I have two kits I figure this will be the perfect time to have both kits going at the same time, side by side, with the only difference being using a different yeast with one of them.
I've got to get some stuff bottled so that I can free up 2 6 gallon carboys, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Who has started their kit?
Are you planning on any tweaks?

Just got mine too recently. I don't know enough about yeast to do anything different. Just going to proceed by the instructions. I'm definitely interested in hearing the results though.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Back