Other Hang-overs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffster

Junior
Reaction score
Hey Wine People -
I havea curious question. I know that the lower end kits - 7.5, 8, & 10 liter kits -add sugar (not sure what kind) to beef up the alcohol which is part of and needed in the wine. And the sugar is added because the grape concentrate is a lower amount than higher end kits. My question is - does that contribute to head aches or hang-overs more so than the fuller body,all juice kits? I know cheap beerand cheap liquorand even cheap wine (like MadDog 20-20 or Boones Farm)can make you feel like hammered dog dodo if you over indulge. I was wondering if the cheaper wine kits do the same.
Really enjoy making wine. On my third batch(a merlot-bottled, a shiraz-I added a lb of raisins to the kit in the primaryand a cab/shiraz-bulk aging). Bought three more kits to make(a shiraz. a cab/shiraz and a chianti).Also, bought a couple of the "Better-Bottles". Love 'em. The are light and easy to clean.
Appreciate any comments or info.

Be careful cleaning the better bottles as little scratches can harbor bacteria and will be almost impossible to get out. As far as the hangover situation Im not sure as Im not the scientist on this forum.

Back