WineXpert Chardonnay Winery Series kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are pictures from this morning. The pectic enzyme seems to work very well. I took shots of the Apple and Nectarine 1/2 gallon jugs, to which I did not add pectic enzyme just for comparison. There is definitely a difference in the Nectarine, not so much in the Apple, which one can see is clearing at the top of the jug. Fun experiment!

Attachments

• 100_2051.JPG
    100_2051.JPG
    942.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2052.JPG
    100_2052.JPG
    890.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2053.JPG
    100_2053.JPG
    763.1 KB · Views: 0
The three wines are clearing nicely, although the nectarine is taking its sweet time. Here they are as of this morning, L to R are Apple, Nectarine and Grapefruit Zest.

Attachments

• 100_2054.JPG
    100_2054.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I would like to bring this experiment to a close. Overall, I am very pleased with the results and I netted about 11 gallons of wine. We have bottled only the grapefruit enhanced Chardonnay and it was excellent. Shortly, I will bottle the Apple and the Nectarine enhanced wine. Taste tests up to now are very promising.

In short, I think it was a very successful endeavor and I will very likely do it again, perhaps with different fruits. I thank @joeswine for his help on this.

I would like to bring this experiment to a close. Overall, I am very pleased with the results and I netted about 11 gallons of wine. We have bottled only the grapefruit enhanced Chardonnay and it was excellent. Shortly, I will bottle the Apple and the Nectarine enhanced wine. Taste tests up to now are very promising.

In short, I think it was a very successful endeavor and I will very likely do it again, perhaps with different fruits. I thank @joeswine for his help on this.
No problem

Everything is underway and going fine. I made the 12.2 gallon batch in a 20 gallon Brute. Added the Bentonite, juice and enough distilled water to make 12.2 gallons. I took an SG reading of 1.084, which, if I ferment to 0.992, should result in about 12% ABV, which would be nice for a Chardonnay. After reconstituting the wine in the 20 gallon Brute, I divided it equally between my three fermenters, which are actually former 6 gallon juice buckets. Today, fermentation was underway so I added the grapefruit zest, nectarines and green apples to the buckets.

I know it is early on, but it looks promising. Fingers crossed.
what yeast did you use?

what yeast did you use?
Red StarCote Des BlancDry55-86 °F
(13-30 °C)
14%One of the most traditional aromatic strains for white wines. An excellent choice for fruity wines.

This is the yeast I used on all three wines, the Nectarine, Grapefruit and Apple. I was trying to accentuate the fruit taste. Seems to have worked on the Nectarine and Apple, not so much on the Grapefruit, which was only the zest of the fruit.

Latest posts

Back