Hammer One is Here!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HammerOne

Tatterdemalion
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm a long time beer brewer and have a few kit wines and a mead under my belt but I would like to learn how and create great wines. I've got tons of great info from beer brewing fourms and figured that this was the place to learn. So please point me in the right direction and put up with all my stupid questions.

Howdy Hammer. Pull up a chair, start asking we'll start sharing.

What kind of wines have you made, what do you think you'd like to make.

Welcome, great bunch of people in here with years and years of knowledge. Glad you could join us.

It's peach season so I just destoned 20# of peaches and plan to start with that. This will be my first wine from fruit. I plan to use 4 bannanas for body. Do you think I can get 5gal out of it?

It's peach season so I just destoned 20# of peaches and plan to start with that. This will be my first wine from fruit. I plan to use 4 bannanas for body. Do you think I can get 5gal out of it?

No I would bump it up to 6# per gal = 30 #'s. You woll also need extra for a f-pac. Slice and pit and put in freezer

Dear Hammer:
I must take a moment and write to you on the policy of stupid questions. Once you have posted your question it can no longer be considered stupid, but in fact valid and of concern. By definition the question may have Possibly been stupid PRIOR to posting it, but upon posting, thus said stupid factor became factored to legitimate and most likely helpful for newbs like me :) Had you left the question in the not asked pile or bin, then the application of stupid possibly maybe sorta could be applied, but that has to remain a question in itself.
WELCOME ABOARD!!
Forgive my humor but I had to Hammer on someone today :)
Thank you for Obliging!!
Tim

I concur with Tom that 4 lbs pr gallon is low for Peach and would bump it up to at least 6 lbs per gallon. Keep the sg down to around 1.085 when making fruit wines and if making a Port use about 10 lbs per gallon.

Latest posts

Back