Greetings from Peru!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winelover1

Junior
Reaction score
Joined this forum a couple days ago. Glad to be here!

I am from Lima, Peru, the country of llamas and Macchu Picchu.

Currently studying a very basic course on wine tasting and the varieties of grapes.

So I guess I'll share a bit about the wine here. South American overall is great. Whether it is Malbec from Argentina, or Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile or Peru. These aged wines taste amazingly well, and are great companions with a nice grilled steak.

In Peru we use our vineyards for both pisco and wine as well. For those of you unfamiliar with pisco, it is a native drink of Peru (though some Chileans argue it is from them... whatever, both varieties taste differently anyways). So pisco is quite a strong drink, made from different varieties of grape and there are different types of it as well.

Eager to learn a lot here in this forum :)

Welcome,
This forum will be very helpful to learn a lot of great ideas as we will learn from you also.
Corinth

PS: Que Bueno. Me Allegro!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, a restaurant and Pisco bar opened a short time ago not too far from me but I haven't made it yet, I must do that!

Hello winelover1 and welcome to the forum. I am intrigued by this drink, pisco. Can you tell us more about it. It sounds like it may be similar to an Italian drink called "grappa" which is distilled from the grape skins after the wine is made. We added water and sugar to re-ferment the mash first. Is this similar to pisco?

Welcome to the forum!

Are you originally from the US? Your writing suggests that English is your native language. Your use of an ellipses (...) and the colloquialism "whatever" kind of nails it for me.

Last edited:
Hello winelover1 and welcome to the forum. I am intrigued by this drink, pisco. Can you tell us more about it. It sounds like it may be similar to an Italian drink called "grappa" which is distilled from the grape skins after the wine is made. We added water and sugar to re-ferment the mash first. Is this similar to pisco?

It is the national aguardiente in Peru, very strong. Comes from this small town called Pisco, where they make this beverage from fermented wine, using a copper still. Don't know much about the process though, so I am not sure if it is similar to grappa.

I went to the Pisco town many years ago, should probably go again, try out different kinds of it and truly learn about its elaboration.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you originally from the US? Your writing suggests that English is your native language. Your use of an ellipses (...) and the colloquialism "whatever" kind of nails it for me.

Oh I was born in Peru haha

But studied English since I was a child, have been to US many times too.

Latest posts

Back