Greetings All

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickC

Reaction score
Greetings from Southern Oklahoma. My wife and I became wine drinkers about 10 years ago when the health benefits were being pointed out.We thoroughly enjoy visiting local wineries around the country. We have probably visited 20-30 wineries in Oklahoma and Texas. We love both dry reds and dry whites. I made my first kit 3 years ago but have just now joined this forum. Not sure why because I have learned more in the last few weeks reading here than I did in the first3 years reading wine magazines, etc. I havemade some mistakes but have hopefully learned from them. We went to see George last weekend and got some very helpful information. We currently have a MM Amarone in the carboy aging and a WE Pinot Gris in the primary. 2 more kits waiting in the wings for equipment and space. If I ever build a new house I want to make sure I have a wine making room. Thanks in advance for the help I know you will all give me.

Rick

Hello Okie,

Welcome to the fold

smiley4.gif

RickC.

Welcome, There is a wealth of info here.Please ask. We want your questionsso it gives ussomethingto do. Like answering your questions.... LOL
smiley36.gif

smiley20.gif

Welcome Rick....Sounds like you areoff to a great start in wine making and hope you enjoy your stay with us...
smiley32.gif

Nice to meet you, Rick! Isn't it fun to visit George?! I drove down to Texas last year to visit George and I want you to know that I think Oklahoma is a beautiful state.

Welcome Rick,

You will probably need to build that room now since you have been at it for 3 years now.

Enjoy

I can't helpbut clarify myself for any that may be ani-Okies. I am really a Texan now living in Oklahoma due to my Job. I grew up in West Texas and really never experienced much of theTexas/Oklahoma rivalrycaused bythe Longhorn/Sooner battles. I am certainlyin the middle of it now.

Head good story about Oakies !!
Archaeology find . . .

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found
traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion, that
their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a
California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a
story in the LA Times read: ' California archaeologists, finding traces of
200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an
advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the
New Yorkers.'

One week later, The Daily Oklahoman, a local newspaper in Oklahoma, reported
the following: After digging as deep as 300 feet in his pasture near
Mustang, Oklahoma, Bubba Mitchell, a self-taught archaeologist reported that
he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years
ago, Oklahoma had already gone wireless.

Waldo,
Wasn't that story about some place a little east of Oklahoma? Some of us Minnesotans tell it about Iowa...

Welcome Rick...
We don't care where you are from...
You are here now and we're right beside you if you need any help.....
We hold each others hands and help each other through tough spots....both in winemaking and with life itself.

Jack on Rainy said:
Waldo,
Wasn't that story about some place a little east of Oklahoma? Some of us Minnesotans tell it about Iowa...

smiley3.gif
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back