Great Idea for a Wine Glass!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nuff said! :)

67267_10151493689662658_1247460940_n.jpg

You should go ahead and copywrite that, before it goes viral. I love it.

I also saw these on Goggle images when I was looking for something else. They are really cool and not too hard to do. My wife and daughter made me a set of these with Reidel wine glasses. I would never of consented using such good glasses but they did well and I really appreciated them.

Runnig Wolf Glass.jpg

I so have to etch some of these into glasses. Can get wine glasses at Pat Catan's for around 2-3 each, cheap glasses but no worries if they break. I've etched a grape cluster into a few of my glasses. They turned out pretty well in my opinion.

Last edited:
Acid. My daughter made the stencils (you can buy them on line) and the etching kit came from Michaels Craft store. They spent a lot of time behind closed doors working on them I had no idea.

Wish I could figure out how to do my custom cork art.

Are there companies that do "reverse" stencil's?

I did some poking around the intertubes last night. Seems very easy. Whats not easy is how you can make a reverse custom stencil like this and get it on sticky vinyl. If anyone finds a place online that can do this let me know!

Cork_Art.jpg

i know, i keep bringing up when i used to belong to a club, but anyways...when i was, i did quite a bit of acid etching on glassware as we made glasses when we held our annual club fund raiser wine tasting event to commemorate it, and also to use as the awards for our end of year club competition....normally we just used stick on letters in an area on the glass that we portioned off, then applied the etching media over the letters...it created a reversed etching effect....but yeah, making customed stencils isn't easy, unless you are a great artist and good with an exacto knife....lol..

ibglowin, just about any sign, banner and many quick print shops can handle this for you nowdays. Just call around and ask if their large format printer is also a plotter/cutter. Off you go,
Mike

But the real question is, how many ounces to the DON'T EVEN ASK line? :h

I have one that holds half a bottle. The thing was intended to provide a globe for the enjoyment of the bouquet of an inch of wine in the bottom - but that ain't how I use it!

:)

Wife comes home and sees that glass out, she usually goes and hides somewhere. Heheheh....

And you notice there is even more room above the do not ask line to the top of the brim. That's where I'm filling mine!

I actually do this.

I had a federal inspection at work this week and when I got home, I filled that baby all they way.

Great idea.

Latest posts

Back