Gotta slow Down.............

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
I didn't realize till I started looking around that I have a lot of wines in the works. It wouldn't be bad if they were all bulk aging, but only a couple of them are, the rest are in various stages.

Here's what's in my little 6' X 12' room:

20071007_092817_100_2709_resize.JPG

20071007_092905_100_2710_resize.JPG

20071007_092959_100_2712_resize.JPG

20071007_093113_100_2714_resize.JPG

I need to get these done before I start to many more.

I won't even take you to the family room where I have about 15 cases that have been bottled and not labeled yet.................. Then I'll have to finish the wine rack in order for them to have a place to go...............

But the family wants to go to the County Fair this afternoon...... so it will wait for another day................... sigh........

Edited by: jobe05

Jobe,
I love your work area!
smiley32.gif
I blew a gasket this week and have started trying to organize our stuff.
smiley5.gif

Nice assortment of wines there....What's with "That Darn Cherry Wine"????? Edited by: Northern Winos

Northern Winos said:
Nice assortment of wines there....What's with "That Darn Cherry Wine"?????

THats the Cherry wine that I have been playing with for over a year and half. I have that 1 gallon jug and another 1.5 liter bottle over behind the fig wine. It just taste flat...... Nice cherry taste, but flat. I have tried for a long time to mix something with it to perk it up, but have found nothing to my liking yet.

I'm now thinking rather than finding something to add to it, I'll add it to something.....................

I'll be living with this wine for another year and a half!
smiley36.gif

Jobe, I found a perfect match for that. Use some black curran to mix with it. I had a batch of Black Currant and a batch of Cherry. I tried mixing and came up with 1/2 and 1/2 for a perfect mix. The BC really adds some flavor to the Cherry, and the cherry cuts some of the excessive flavor of the BC. Everybody likes it that tries it!

We want to see pics of the freezer to buddy!
smiley36.gif
Thats quite a lot of wine going there buddy. They look great!

Looks to me like you need to get a couple more fermenting there buddy
smiley36.gif

NW: I tried acid blend, Lemon juice, lemon aid, orange juice, grape juice and on and on and on......... Most ever wine that has come out of that room over the last year and a half has also been mixed (a teaspoon or so of each), but nothing..... Still taste flat, which is why I'm thinking stop adding things to it, and add it to something, or a 50/50 like Appleman suggested with something else.

Wade: I have taken 78 pounds of blackberries out of the freezer, 56 pounds of scuppernnongs, 30 pounds of strawberries, 18 pounds of figs and 25 pounds of peaches and you still can not tell the difference due to all the stuff I have added.........

I do have to empty it however, my wife got tired of sharing and signed up for some type of home delivery service for food............... Might have to get me another freezer........

Sharing, from the sounds of what you have in that freezer it doesnt sound like you were sharing it.
23_2_89.gif
smiley36.gif

I wasn't.....................

Someday I hope you can come to my house for dinner...............

Then you'll completely understand why I didn't share the freezer for food.....................

jobe05 said:
Northern Winos said:
Nice assortment of wines there....What's with "That Darn Cherry Wine"?????

THats the Cherry wine that I have been playing with for over a year and half. I have that 1 gallon jug and another 1.5 liter bottle over behind the fig wine. It just taste flat...... Nice cherry taste, but flat. I have tried for a long time to mix something with it to perk it up, but have found nothing to my liking yet.

I'm now thinking rather than finding something to add to it, I'll add it to something.....................

I'll be living with this wine for another year and a half!
smiley36.gif

Would more tannin help????

I have a Nanking Cherry wine fermenting...it's taking a longer time than usual.....Hope it will end up dry...guess only time will tell.Edited by: Northern Winos

NW: I put 1/4 tsp in during the fermentation, also fermented on the skins of 3 cans of pie cherries (in water). Tannins didn't stand out to me as an issue. If you want, PM me your address and I'll send ya a sample of it......... and maybe a couple other sample bottles
smiley2.gif

Wade................ I guess I never told you about my wifes cooking........... or lack there of.............. Short story:

When I met my wife, she lived at home with her parents, we dated for 4 years then got married (never lived together). After our honey moon, we come home and settle in, but went out to dinner every night for about 3 weeks when I finally asked Becca if she thought it was time to go shopping. She said that she didn't really think so, but if I insisted. The next day I come home from work and was greeted with all kinds of new clothes and shoes, but ya know what....., for a good meal, who cares. Well, no meal, she didn't get that out of the shopping thing. It was then that she said she didn't know how to cook, her mother always did that,she never had to. Well...... 24 years later she has gotten better in that she no longer burns water, but ya know what, she's my sweet heart and I wouldn't trade her for anything. We just live in towns with good restaurants.

So why is she ordering food in bulk for the freezer......... I'm sure it's to impress me or the kids............. maybe she will, but she hasn't in 24 years so I suspect that won't change now, at least with her cooking, but who cares, I'll bet good cooks make horrible partners anyways............. I'll bet good cooks make horrible partners anyways............... I'll bet good cooks make horrible partners anyways............. I'll bet good cooks make horrible partners anyways............. I'll bet good cooks make horrible partners anyways............. I'll bet good cooks make ............................................

You just keep telling yourself that partner! I thought you were talking about precooked food delivery! Meals on Wheels.
Edited by: wade

No......LOL...... Meals on Wheels....... I'm sure that'll come someday, but not right now. This is Southern Foods. We did something like this in NY years ago with a company called "Rich Plan". I liked it and the food was good, but you had to buy their packages back then that was suppose to last you a month, but it was their package, you couldn't modify it the base package, just add to it. So you ate really well for the first 2 weeks......... Then had hamburger, hot dogs and liver for the last 2 weeks.

With Southern Foods, you just call in whatever you want, when you want it, including weekly and the average food bill for a family of 4 should be between $100 and $150. Thats everything except paper products. cleaning supplies and Milk. So it will save a lot of time for Becca as she is always fretting about what to do for dinner............... I guess the equivalent for you and me would be brain surgery............... We could do it, but your gonna die!

I'm usually up............ Ooops, wrong board....

Toiletries are one thing that we will never run short of around this house, we have at least 3 of everything in the bathrooms, laundryroom and kithen cabinets for cleaning, along with fruit in the freezer...........

Nope..... Just food is an issue............ But,....... in Becca's defense....... To look at me would tell ya I aint starven..................... sigh.............

Latest posts

Back