Good morning!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe...it's nice to see you're seeing straighter this morning!
smiley2.gif

Good morning joan, appleman! It's been snowing all night, and the electricity went out this morning at 4:30. I decided to go back to bed; laying here I started to smell the wood burning furnace. Worried I got up and monitored the house. I had just filled the stove, and since the fan wouldn't blow I was afraid it would get to hot. Finally 7:00 they came back on. Still snowing!

Good Morning...

It's really nice here today...+17 with a high predicted of +20*F...20% chance of flurries.....

We sure need some snow, we have a little blowing dirt out in the farm fields....usually we get about 4 feet of snow through the winter....this looks like our drought is continuing.

This is by far the coldest its been here this winter and goes to figure
I have to get a Furnace tech here in a few hours as it keeps shutting
off. It never breaks down when its warm out ya know!

It is nasty here as well. A chilly 63 degrees and rain. Going to get back down in the high 40's low 50's tomorrow. God I wish winter would get over. I am ready for the warm again.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Wade, don't listen to Smurfe! He'll be singing a different tune come summer when it's 103 and the humidity is 120%! Remember...they have mosquitoes the size of Volkswagens where he lives!
smiley2.gif

Joan said:
Wade, don't listen to Smurfe! He'll be singing a different tune come summer when it's 103 and the humidity is 120%! Remember...they have mosquitoes the size of Volkswagens where he lives!
smiley2.gif

Naw, I love hot weather. If it gets too bad, we just shoot over to Gulf Shores or the Florida Panhandle and go to the beach.
smiley17.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Everything was covered with hoar frost this morning, and any time the breeze blew it would "frost" for a few seconds. I could go for some snow...
smiley5.gif

Yes, it is a good morning here in Houston. The sun has finally come out after a week of cold and drizzly rain and even some of George's ice made it down this way.

I wake up to my doves on the balcony every morning. I have been feeding them for a year and a half. If there is no food in the feeder then they fly in the house if the door is open. Kind of hard herding them back out though. I love my bird friends.

20070121_102927_100_0466_Small.jpg

Very nice rgecaprock! How many do you feed? Or should I say how many are there around your home?

Joan said:
Yeah but you have to outdrive the skeeters!
smiley4.gif

LOL, not really. Everyone thinks we are loaded with skeeter here and we do have our share, particularly in the swamps but they were actually worse in Illinois where I came from and much bigger there. I lived in a swamp when I moved here from Illinois and had less issues with mosquitoes than I experienced there. Don't get me wrong, we have them but it isn't really as bad as most think. Plus, I live in a more civilized area now in suburbia right outside Baton Rouge where they spray constantly because of the West Nile Virus.

Smurfe

JS,

I buy the no waste bird seed since I am in an apartment and it keeps the mess down from the sunflower shells. There have been a dozen or so at a time on the feeder. One day I was watching tv and something caught my eye, two of them walked in the door and into the living room turned around walked around the dining table and back out again.

Ramona

We were up to the 60's today, as well. Looks like we should enjoy it. Got another cold spell headed our way. (Well, actually, just cold for Dallas!)

I'm with smurfe. Give me a 100 degree day with sunshine and I will just get in the pool!
smiley2.gif

I'm the opposite, George. We finally got snow here last week, but I'm not sure if it's going to stick around or not.
Remember - you can always put on more clothes to get warm, but you can only take off so many clothes before you're arrested.
smiley36.gif

Back