It's HERE!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker81

wine dabbler
Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pollen.jpg

Folks who live in the southeast USA know what this is -- yellow pine pollen. This yellow stuff covers everything for 4 to 6 weeks each spring.

I knew it was out -- this morning I woke with plugged sinuses. Yup, allergies.

But not to the pine pollen; it's supposed to be too large to be an allergen. However, oak pollen and a few others are out at the same time, and I'm mildly allergic to all of 'em!

I use Flonase when it's bad, although most of the time a simple sinus flush greatly reduces symptoms.

I was tested for allergies, and was mildly allergic to 18 out of 22 items tested for. I'll never needs shots, but there's always something to react to. Oh, well ...

View attachment 111086

Folks who live in the southeast USA know what this is -- yellow pine pollen. This yellow stuff covers everything for 4 to 6 weeks each spring.

I knew it was out -- this morning I woke with plugged sinuses. Yup, allergies.

But not to the pine pollen; it's supposed to be too large to be an allergen. However, oak pollen and a few others are out at the same time, and I'm mildly allergic to all of 'em!
Remember this during my Atlanta years. Yellow pollen stuffing off the car as you drove. Nasty 🤧

The picture I posted is the second day after I realized pollen was dropping. I have a picture of my truck where you can't tell it's dark green. I'll see if I can locate it.

I won't wash my vehicles until the pollen stops. First spring here, I washed both our cars ... 2 hours later they were yellow. Lesson learned! 🤣

Latest posts

Back