GO Bruins !!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lieu

Reaction score
1 more period and they are the CHAMPS
smiley1.gif

Yep, they totally outplayed us. They deserved that win, and I'm a die-hard Canucks fan.

So whats up with all the hooliganism after the game? Don't expect to see that kind of stuff in BC!

I'm quite embarrassed about it. Just a few people from out of town who had an agenda to start a riot and succeeded. The ring-leaders were from Seattle, Toronto and Montreal. They tried at the Olympics too, but were shut down pretty quick.

The problem is that there were over 100,000 people watching, which just fueled the fire and made honest people want to get into it. The media coverage didn't help, as that further fueled the people to new heights of stupidity. Needless to say, there will be no more parties thrown by the City for fans.

Usually, when Vancouverites get mad, they just don't share their granola and yogurt and refuse to say Namaste in greeting ;)

Dean, That was really an unfortunate incident. There were similar activities in Boston and they won! I think a little too much "giggle juice" goes inand the "ranting child" comes out.

I did hear one report on TV that described Vancouver as the "San Francisco of Canada" which I interpret to mean that there are a lot of "free spirits" and such in the city. Do you feelthat an accurate description?

Yep, that's an accurate description. We also have a very large and active gay community much like San Fran too.

The news coverage that I saw here in Ohio said that many of the toruble makers were from out of town and not native Vancouver-ites (?). I have seen this so many times and it is disgusting. Usually a lot of "wanna be but never was" jocks who get a little alcohol in them. What I can't understand is the need to destroy both public and private property.

Back