Give me your best Sangria recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Reaction score
I am going to use 3/4 gallon on Dragons blood for 1 batch and 3 bottles of quadberry for a different batch, What fruit would you mix and what else?
Triple Sec, gingerail? Pinnapple chunks, strawberries?

This is by far, the absolute best sangria I've ever made:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/red-wine-sangria-recipe/index.html

I use a decent, commercial Tempranillo for the base (until I make my own) and fresh squeezed orange juice. No need for a 24 hour rest - a few hours is plenty.

For your DB/Quadberry batches, I like your triple sec idea. Maybe a little fresh squeezed OJ. Otherwise, I'd probably stay close to the wine and just use fresh berries. Blueberries might lend and interesting element.

Can that recipe be bottled? I am looking for a recipe I can bottle and gift. I imagine Dragon Blood would make a really good sangria. I made a Spiced Wine with the DB recipe with mixed berries, frozen grape and carambola which I tried mixed with OJ and it was awesome. can I just complete with sangria recipe ingredients and bottle or will that go bad?

I use this recipe: http://www.recipegirl.com/2008/11/17/the-best-red-wine-sangria/ but omit the triple sec. Sometimes all I do is take a bottle of cheap red wine and add some orange juice to it and leave it at that. All the other fruit is just window dressing.

For a fermented sangria, I actually just made one. Took the beajolais concentrate from homewinery, fermented out on its own. Then I added an f-pack made of blueberries, raspeberries, and strawberries. Finally I added a can of orange juice concentrate. Tastes really good! I'm just about ready to bottle this.

This is my recipe that I've been making for years. Let it sit for acouple days before you add fruit and serve
1 gal. Red wine( I use Carlo Rossi )
1 1/2 cup brandy
1 cup triple sec
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
And the fruit:
4 oranges, a lemon whatever sounds good
The "drunken" fruit is a treat too

Latest posts

Back