Cellar Craft GET ER DONE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that gremlins got into your storage area and moved stuff around while you weren't looking.

Either that, or the BUTLER DID IT!

There goes George being the man again!
smiley32.gif
Glad it is all worked out Waldo.

Drew a sample of this Port this morning and the presence of the oak is well above what I had anticipated for this time frame. I will give it about another week and will probably rack it off the oak. My son, who has also sampled it already inspired the label or what I may use for the label for this one by his preplexed statement that he felt I could bottle this one now and just how long wasI going to let it age before bottling !!!
PORTSTYLEWINE.jpg

After letting some kinfolks have a little sample yesterday and At their behest, I went ahead and bottled this Port this morning so they could carry a few bottles home with them. I really like the way this one has turned out. It is very smooth and has at least 3 layers of flavors to test the pallette. I would have preferred to bulk age it a bit longer but it was ready to be racked off the oak anyway so I gave in.

glassofport7-18-10.jpg

PortBottled7-18-10.jpg

And the final take on the label for this one is:

portwine2010-OL475.jpg

Looks great but 2 months! Wow, Thats not the Waldo I know!
smiley36.gif
Is this the secret to your golds??????????

Its a good one for sure Mike. Wasn't sure going in how these two kits would meld but I am well pleased with the outcome

Latest posts

Back