George's Peanuts!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I think I have a million and a half of George's peanuts and until just now I didn't know how to get rid of them! Our recycling folks won't take them. I have packed with them but that still leaves me with more than I can ever use!

I Googled peanuts and found this site... http://www.loosefillpackaging.com/ Just put in your zipcode and see what you find. I only found one place that will take them but it's a business about 4 miles from me! If I'd only known!! So now I can start making trips there...it will take me at least six!

Give it a go!

None! Glad my recycle center takes them. You would think any UPS store would take them though!

Our closest location is 2 hours away...
smiley19.gif
But I don't go there very often. Then 300 miles away...
smiley19.gif

Wade, a lot of places are particular about their packing peanuts. My company tries to avoid any that hold static. Static makes is hard to get the little bits of peanuts off of electronics, even when packed inside of bags. Others need specific styles designed to take more of a beating to protect what they are shipping.

I put my peanuts inside a trash bag & burn in the 55 gal. burn barrell along with all the junk mail. Doing my part to help along global warming
smiley2.gif
Tomy.

Maybe we could coerce George into starting to use popcorn instead. Would be nice to "snack" down to your order
smiley4.gif

Now you're talking, Waldo!!! I've used unsalted, unbuttered popcorn when I pack tender cookies to ship. The popcorn ends up tasting like the cookies! It's an extra treat!
smiley20.gif

Well that's it then. George get yourself a commercial popcorn popper! Mark can have a conveyor belt run the popped popcorn upt to a hopper. Put the normal plastic bag in the box, pull the fill lever and dump a few inches of popcorn on the bottom of the box, add the shipping contents. Then pull the lever again to let the box ful-shake and fill again. Tape the box up and set it on the loading dock!

Next the box arrives at the customer who opens it up and eats their way down to the package contents! Yumm. Added bonus is the popcorn won't cling to everything, especially in the winter!

Waldo you are a genius, and very "Green" to boot.

We used to get Vet Supplies that were packed in popcorn...I would throw it outside for the birds...but the dogs ate most of it.

Now I save the peanuts for a neighbor who sells on eBay...he always needs them.

I use the peanuts to ship my intarsia products but I like the popcorn idea!

Since i just placed an order Ill call george and see if I can get the chocolate covered popcorn or the cheddar cheese!

Hehe

I cleaned my garage today. (It about killed me!) I now have six huge black garbage bags full of George's peanuts that I'm going to recycle! Let me tell you, that many peanuts frees up a whole lot of room in my garage!
smiley4.gif

I will sign up tomorrow to be a recycler and will add the link to my web site. This is a great post! Thank you so much.
smiley32.gif

As I have stated before, I wish there was an alternative to the peanuts, but they are the only thing that keeps the damage to a minimum.

Popcorn sounds good, but Mark would eat half of the popcorn. I don't know how a 5'8", 150 pound person can eat as much as he does and LOSE weight. It is not fair!

I hear ya there George, my sister is the only 1 in my famly who has to eat 24/7 to keep her wait up!
smiley7.gif
If the rest of my family (including me) were to eat like her we would have to use garage doors as all the doors in our house.
smiley13.gif

Thank you for signing up, George! I have to say, George, I love doing business with someone who REALLY listens to the customers! What a great boss!
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back