Full and still going!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
It's a beautiful sight to see the wine rack full. 120 bottles, mixture of: Meza Luna Red,Wildberry Shiraz, Blackberry Cabernet, Australian Cabernet Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Welches/Apple wine, Amarone, South Africa Shiraz. To the side is 1 gallon of Blackberry wine, and 3 gallons of Boysenberry. In the making is Mosti Mondiale Masters Edition Amarone.
20070224_110810_IMG_0131_Small.JPG

Is that the vintners boysenberry? if so, have you tasted it? Was there fruit in it?

By the way, that looks awesome! Filled that up quick! Are you going to shelve the other side and make the wine somewhere else?

Yup, the first thing I thought when I saw it, besides, Wow that's beautiful, was gotta build one on the other side and fill that one up too.

WOW!!! That is a beautiful sight.....nice to see it all so neatly full....looks like you are going to be needing more shelves soon.

Great job on the Armorie conversion....
smiley32.gif

The other side isn't square. It looks like it in the picture, but it is actually about 16 inches wide, then it is 12 inches at an angle, then it is 12 inches to the front. So, I'm not for sure on what I'd like to do yet.

The Boysenberry was the Vintners Harvest. I started in the first of November 2006. Sorry wade, I don't remember if it had fruit in it. As for the taste. I haven't tasted it yet either. So, guess it is time I try a sip, so hold on. Be right back!

The instructions gave you either 5 gallons or 3 gallons. Ichose the 3 gallon. It has a beautiful color, and as far as the taste: It has a bit of a bite to it, I would have liked it more flavorful, would like it a bit smoother. Right now I would think about adding a little sweetener hoping to eliminate the bite, or blending it with another wine. My first wine I made from a kit was a bit like this, and I blended the wildberry Shiraz in it and it made a nice wine.
Fornow I will plan on letting it bulk age another month, and see what that does.
20070224_143218_IMG_0133_Small.JPG

Cool! You could shelve the other side, put normal bottles on the big side and 375 size such as ice wine and dessert wines on the smaller side.

Hey, wade, Thanks! You know I never thought of that! That would be cool! YES!
smiley20.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley31.gif

Thanks everyone! And, I think I'll take wade's idea with the smaller bottles wine rack on the other side. Now, where is my sweet carpenter, honey dear, hey sweety!
smiley2.gif

wade the carpenter of the house would like to express his gratitude!
smiley35.gif
No, not really, he thought the idea was a good one and is looking at it to see just how it needs to be done. Thanks!

Back