Freezer?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Prince

Reaction score
I have a freezer with a johnson controller set at 28 degrees. The cheap sweet wines I don't bother with only the nice reds. Should I run the all through the freezer? Any thought?

Could you please explain your question better? What do you plan on gaining by " running them trough the freezer" ?

Yes John
I believe I understand that you want to go thru cold stabilization - correct ?

Yes I have the same set-up and what a difference it makes !!

Cold stabilization at 28 degrees. What wines to you use cold stabilization? I only do reds.

Cold stabilization at 28 degrees. What wines to you use cold stabilization? I only do reds.

If possible I will do whites and reds if given the opportunity. I do not do kits so I am more likely to have to sold stabilize than others - or I get those wine diamonds per say !!

How long do you cold stabilize ? I will try for 4 weeks if possible

I just stick mine in a regular fridge for 3-4 weeks in gallon jugs. Works fine.

I just stick them outside for about 30 minutes when it's -40 and that takes care of everything! ;)

LOL, just kidding. When it's -40 my cold cellar in the basement is about 25 so I put them in there.

Ok, really - I don't know when I've last seen -40 here. It typically only gets to about -20.

Latest posts

Back