Free FRUIT!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackpage

Reaction score
I just had to post this because no one else seems to understand how happy I am to find this...

I went to a local strawberry patch for the first time on Sunday to get the strawberries I needed for my f-pak. I got there and she said "oh well we are selling this year so you can just go out and take whatever you need" I was like "RALLY?!?" So I got 10# and am planning on going back next weekend to pick more so I can start another batch!

Before I left i asked her if they do anything else and she said "well we have raspberries and blackberries in the fall but we never sell those, you can just come get whatever you like!!" $*%JACKPOT!!%*$ I planned on making strawberry, blackberry, raspberry and blueberry wines this summer! I was so excited! (ok maybe TOO excited but still...had to share)

That's a great offer. You lucked out on that one. Now when you wine is complete, you need to take them a bottle as a token of your appreciation.

That is a great score! Strawberries are expensive this year to pick your own, but I did anyways (at least I know where they came from and could pick great berries! I just picked 15# which I'm hoping to make a 3 gallon batch with. They are all nice, dark and mushy! :) Very sweet and juicy berries this year.

Wow! You are blessed! Maybe as a thank you, you could give them a nice bottle of your wine from their own strawberries. Next year they might furnish you a truck if you need it! :hug

I am jealous of you we don't have any place like that around here

yeah I had thought about asking them if they wanted a bottle of wine...but I'm sure she would beings that as soon as I told her that I am making wine she told me about how many lb I would need to pick! ha!

I always give a bottle of finished wine to whoever helps me out. Even the guy at waste recycle place gets a bottle. He lets me go thru the bin of recycle glass bottles. I always score good. He isn't allowed to let anybody pick thru, but he does allow me and I think it's because I reward him with a bottle.

The barter system is alive and well.

I'll make wine from anything if it's free... at least once. If it isn't worth the time and effort... oh well... I won't do it again!!

Debbie

great find :) i got about 100# of apples last year that way! gl with raspberry it sounds delicious!

I know this thread is old but I got a 5 gal carboy for $10 bucks and gave the man a bottle of skeeter pee for the good deal.

Bartering is alive and well!! Keeps people looking out for good deals for you too!!

Debbie

Back