How much fruit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it very much depends on the fruit. As Rice_Guy suggests, some fruit is far too acidic if all we are using is the juice of the fruit, on the other hand, you are asking for a miracle if you are planning on fermenting water through which you have passed a few ounces of fruit. No one (I know) tries to make apple cider or wine with any water. And that goes for the first run of wine from wine grapes. On the other hand, I can't drink cranberry wine made only with pressed juice and Chaptalized with added sugar to boost the ABV. In my opinion, Strawberries have almost no flavor (sure, they can be very sweet, but remove the sugar and they are not rich in flavor) so I use at least 10 lbs of berries for each gallon. In short, there is no "right" answer: if you are making wine for yourself and those in your circle, then use the amount of fruit that you feel is right for you.

It happened only once in the history of the civilization as far as I know when one guy changed water into wine but it was over 2000 years ago and it was a miracle.

Latest posts

Back