Mosti Mondiale floaties

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terry51

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone -- I'm a newbie and love reading all the posts. You can learn so much! But, I remember reading SOMEWHERE about the little white floating specks -- and now that I have some in my lastest batch, was wondering what I did wrong? Or, what I need to do different next time?

Thanks!!

Where are you in fermenting. What did you do so far.

Always tell us what you are making and what you did so far with gravity readings

It was the MM Caberlot and it is already bottled. I bottled it back in Feb. and have opened a few bottles, some have the little white floating specks, some don't. I did everything by the book and all my readings were right on. It tastes absolutely wonderful and aclear, garnet red.

The culprit of white specs usually is undisolved potassium sorbate. It doesn't hurt things. If the sorbate is added to warm water and either run through a little blender or a power wisk, it helps to prevent it.

Another source of them is if a new filter is used and a bit of water isn't run through it first to clean out the little bits of paper or fiber.

It won't hurt the wine.

thanks soooo much, i am at the pre-bottling stage this weekend for my next batch, so i will make sure thatit hascompletely dissolved before adding it to my carboy --
smiley4.gif

And when using campden tablets this is usually the culprit but Im betting Appleman/grapeman is right on the money wit this 1!

Terry51, I am glad to hear someone has made this wine also. (MM Caberlot) I have mine in the bottles aging away until the winter. Also glad to hear it tastes wonderful!!
smiley17.gif

Latest posts

Back